• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F: Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Can`t believe I forgot to mention Pletikosa. Best keeping effort I`ve seen for a while, couldn`t have done much better.

Cloete

International Captain
JASON said:
So in a sense Australia v Croatia will be Australian Croats v Croatian Croats right ? :laugh:
No it'll be more like Australian Croats with Croation Croats playing against Croation Croats with Australia Croats.

For the record I think only about Viduka and Skoko are Croatian.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
The league table doesn't lie - well done Oz.

Wonder who Brazil will play up front against you lot?

Given your well-documented and less-than-fortunate history of penal servitude, there's scope for them wheeling out (operative word in Ronaldo's case) the Real Madrid crime-fighting duo....

Fatman and Robinho

Matt79

Global Moderator
The Australia-Japan match was the first soccer match I've ever deliberately sat down to watch (last world cup I remember-ish a few games at the pub in sydney on a road trip, but that was more an alcohol than football thing). I hope for soccer in Australia there were lots of other people like me tuning in for the first time, because it was a brilliant sporting event, and even if I didn't understand the subtleties of what I was watching, I really enjoyed it and plan to try and catch more from here on.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Matt79 said:
The Australia-Japan match was the first soccer match I've ever deliberately sat down to watch (last world cup I remember-ish a few games at the pub in sydney on a road trip, but that was more an alcohol than football thing). I hope for soccer in Australia there were lots of other people like me tuning in for the first time, because it was a brilliant sporting event, and even if I didn't understand the subtleties of what I was watching, I really enjoyed it and plan to try and catch more from here on.
Doesn't take a lot to understand it mate. That's obviously why it's so popular. Keep watchin, it won't always be that good, but there'll be times when it will be a lot better. 8-)

Get someone learned to discuss the Offside rule with you and you know all you need to know

pasag

RTDAS
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Doesn't take a lot to understand it mate. That's obviously why it's so popular. Keep watchin, it won't always be that good, but there'll be times when it will be a lot better. 8-)

Get someone learned to discuss the Offside rule with you and you know all you need to know
Nothings been as good so far. Watched all three matches last night and were good but on the boring side of things IMO

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Cloete said:
No it'll be more like Australian Croats with Croation Croats playing against Croation Croats with Australia Croats.

I think Culina maybe too.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Cloete said:
Viduka, Bresciano*, Culina, Skoko, Popovich, Kalac, Covic all have Croatian heritage. As does Milicevic who wasn't selected in the final squad.

* Bresciano's mum is of Croatian heritage, his father obviously Italian.

End of the day:

Number of Croatian born and raised players in Australia's squad: 0.

Number of Australian born, raised and funded by the AIS - taxpayers money :@ in Croatia's squad: 3.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Great Birtannia said:
Number of Australian born, raised and funded by the AIS - taxpayers money :@ in Croatia's squad: 3.
Anthony Seric, Josip Simunic, whose the third?

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Simunic is the only one that plays regularly. It would be great if we were able to slot him in next to Moore, switch Neill to the right and p*ss Emerton off :(

Cloete

International Captain
Great Birtannia said:
Simunic is the only one that plays regularly. It would be great if we were able to slot him in next to Moore, switch Neill to the right and p*ss Emerton off :(
Yes.

Qutie simply, Simunic is a ****!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Great Birtannia said:
Didulica would also have every handy after the World Cup once Kalac and Mark retire and go past their use by date. Anthony Seric would struggle to make our squad, but then again Wilshere makes the starting XI.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scaly piscine said:
You're just pathetic

Did you not see some of the agricultural tackles from Australia? Then you've got the big guys up front that they just hoof it up to...

Sounds like Leeds to me

You gormless tit... etc.

Zzzz.
haha. Yes it's a large bandwagon to jump onto. Why are we not being sent off in droves?

To paraphrase a quote from your papers...would your own team like to borrow a little bit of heart?