• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E: Italy, Ghana, USA, Czech Republic

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
could be any of the sides really, i saw USA play a friendly a few days ago on ESPN and they looked pretty sharp, Ghana also had an impressive win yesterday, given whats going on in Italy atm i think any of the 4 sides have a good chance of going through.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The Other Group of Death ™.

Actually this may be the group to see a surprise. Yer Czechs are ageing & massively overrated. They have a quality keeper, but he won't have Essien & Makelele to protect him here. They lost twice to Holland in qualifying and just squeaked past yer Norwayanese in the play-offs.

Yer Seppos are well organised & I'm tipping them to catch yer Czechs cold in the first game.

Italy to top the group & could well be a good value bet to win the whole thing if Luca Toni fires. A siege mentality suits their temprament & any team with Nesta, Zambrotta & Canavaro won't concede too many.

1) Italy
2) USA
3) Czech Republic
4) Ghana

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Italy and Ghana - wild stab. Never been too impressed with Americans, in my opinion they struggle because of the generally low standard of competition both in their home league and qualifiers.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
tough group, think points will be taken off each other all over the place, a draw between Czechs and Italians could spell trouble for both.

An optimistic Ghana and USA

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
hard to predict, gut feeling would go for Italy & the Czech but i got a feeling the USA might get out of that group.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Italy & Ghana, the latter have one of the most mobile and destructive midfields in the tournament, weak up top but they will give anyone a good physical game. Whereas the USA suck and the current Czech team is going to have one tournament too many if you ask me but it should be a tightly contested group and the Italians know they have to win it.

Craig

World Traveller
BoyBrumby said:
The Other Group of Death ™.

Actually this may be the group to see a surprise. Yer Czechs are ageing & massively overrated. They have a quality keeper, but he won't have Essien & Makelele to protect him here. They lost twice to Holland in qualifying and just squeaked past yer Norwayanese in the play-offs.
True, but you have to look at the last tournament where he was pretty good, so he can handle himself without Makelele and Essien.

I suppose the good about Ghana is that they have been playing together for a long time and they have a real director in Essien.

Craig

World Traveller
Better to have these injuries now then later in the tournament.

If Zambrotta doesn't get fit soon, Daniele *****a might get his chance to impress any possible suitors for next season.

Craig

World Traveller
Craig said:
Better to have these injuries now then later in the tournament.

If Zambrotta doesn't get fit soon, Daniele *****a might get his chance to impress any possible suitors for next season.
:laugh: :laugh:

CW filters strikes again!

:laugh: :laugh: