• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E: Italy, Ghana, USA, Czech Republic

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Panucci > Zaccardo any time, any where, any pitch, any division, any country, any league.
Word, i forgot Panucci existed TBH, i'm surprised also that Zaccardo is being started ahead of Oddo as well.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
got a feeling Ghana will top this group don't really think the USA will beat them, thats make the Italy v Czech game very interesting..

Craig

World Traveller
TT Boy said:
Panucci no chance, very good on the ball but he has no pace and no defensive aptitude, much rather see Massimo Oddo play in front of Zaccardo. Decent tank and a pretty good crosser of the ball but Lippi probably feels he is to attacking whereas Zaccardo is defensively more sound.
Really? You probably get to see more Serie A then I do (which consists of one game a week thank you very much ESPN :mad:), but all the "experts" I have heard is that Panucci is the best Italian right back in the Italian game.

Craig

World Traveller
aussie said:
Word, i forgot Panucci existed TBH, i'm surprised also that Zaccardo is being started ahead of Oddo as well.
Plays for Roma.

Formerly of Genoa, Monaco, Real Madrid, Inter, and Chelsea.

Gee he get around a bit :laugh: :naughty: (sorry had to do it)

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Best group of the tournament. Mathematically, one of Italy and Czech Republic has to go through. Three teams can top the group and any of them can still get through. Ghana have to like their chances, and Australia would fancy themselves playing Ghana in the Round of 16.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Give me the choice of Czech Republic and Ghana, you know which one i'd take and given the fact that many Australians liked their chances against Brazil...enough said

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, fair point. Still, it appears to be a case of whether the good or bad Czechs show up...

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
aussie said:
got a feeling Ghana will top this group don't really think the USA will beat them, thats make the Italy v Czech game very interesting..
I reckon the US are good things unfortunately*

* I'm trying so very hard to give them the kiss of death.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
Why do you hate us?
In this instance, it may just be that it's in Australia's interests for the USA to lose. If Ghana win, and Italy draw with the Czech Republic, Australia will play Ghana in the second round if they go through, instead of say Italy.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Essien booked and consequently misses last 16 game if Ghana progress. Czech have started well. Nesta off with groin problem, signs ominous for the Azzuri but CR need to win as Ghana have scored against the US of States.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Jan Polak is a silly boy, no need for such a challenge when Totti was facing his own goal.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Fabio Cannavaro has been immense for the Italians, got Baros in his pocket.

Also is it me or is John Motson living in a time warp, he seems to think every African team should be judged and compared to the standard Zaire set in 1974. Motson times have changed, African teams can play football, no need to sound so astounded that they can actually score or even win a game. In the Ghana Italy game he was screaming every time Ghana got into the last third.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marcus Merk doing his bit to be a new entry in ****ney rhyming slang.

That has to be the biggest joke of a penalty so far this World Cup.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
TT Boy said:
Fabio Cannavaro has been immense for the Italians, got Baros in his pocket.

Also is it me or is John Motson living in a time warp, he seems to think every African team should be judged and compared to the standard Zaire set in 1974. Motson times have changed, African teams can play football, no need to sound so astounded that they can actually score or even win a game. In the Ghana Italy game he was screaming every time Ghana got into the last third.
I know, he's awful. The sooner he's put out to pasture the better. Patronising buffoon.