• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E: Italy, Ghana, USA, Czech Republic

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm sorry to all the Americans...but America are going to have to come back from 2 down in the last 5 minutes to beat that Australian performance :p

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Matteh said:
I'm sorry to all the Americans...but America are going to have to come back from 2 down in the last 5 minutes to beat that Australian performance :p
I'm sorry too, but I hope they lose 10-0.

I've never forgiven them for allowing John Harkes to be born.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
As might be obvious from my opening post in the "whose failure are you supporting" thread, I'm hoping for a 10-0 Czech win too.

Nedved and Cech - stars.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm hoping for a big Czech win as well, though I wouldn't mind the US doing well in the tournament if only to see if they follow South Korea's lead and name a stadium after the coach.

Btw, goal. :)

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If that injury to Koller is serious, there goes any remote chance the Czech Rep had of winning the WC.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The Czechs look the most complete side at the World Cup to date, for mine. Very solid at the back, with Cech in goal, and a brilliant midfield (if aging in parts), with Koller up front. Hopefully Koller's injury isn't too serious and he can return for the next game, because I think this side could go a long way. The Italy game should be a cracker.

I like watching them a lot too. My second/third team alongside England.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
US don't look v good, do they?

Fifth best team in the world tho, according to FIFA....

If Rosicky does that for t'Gooners next year I'll not moan, either. Top ping. :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:

If Rosicky does that for t'Gooners next year I'll not moan, either. Top ping. :)
He's just scored a top-class second as well. Awesome talent. :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Like I said at half-time, the Czechs have been the best so far, and by a fair distance too. Absolutely clinical performance, against a US side that are meant to be pretty decent, even if they didn't look it today. Awesome display from Rosicky, and clean sheet number 1 from Cech.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The Czechs did look impressive, I have to say. Even so there were hints of vulnerability at the back that better teams might be able to exploit.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:

Well, yesterday's rubbish by Mexico (ranked 4th, struggled to dispose of a totally inept Iran) and today's showing by 'Team USA' surely demonstrates the folly of anyone paying any more than token lip-service to FIFA's rankings.

Rankings? Sure that's not just a spelling mistake?