• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D: Mexico, Iran, Angola, Portugal

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
luckyeddie said:
That's as may be, but Mexico have been utterly dreadful.

Mind you, I've just started supporting them tonight - although that might have more to do with the fact that Angola have just brought on a Dirty Leeds player as a sub.

If Holland's group is the 'Group of Death', this is truly the 'Group of Bore You To Death'.
*wishes Angola and Ivory Coast had switched places in Blatter's pots*

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
If Holland's group is the 'Group of Death', this is truly the 'Group of Bore You To Death'.
Well said, you would think the Argentineans and Dutch will not have many a problem of progressing to the quarters on this evidence.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
TT Boy said:
Well said, you would think the Argentineans and Dutch will not have many a problem of progressing to the quarters on this evidence.
From the way things have gone in the second round of group matches, I don't think there's any such thing as a 'gimme'

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just heard that Angola have scored against Iran.

BBC reporting score as 1-0 to Iran though. Can someone confirm it one way or the other?

Hoggy31

International Captain
Tis 1-0 to Angola

60 mins: GOAL Iran 0-1 Angola
Unbelievable. This could be one of the great World Cup stories. Amado Flavio bags his 14th goal for Angola with a lovely header at the far post from Ze Kalanga's right-wing cross after great work from Figueiredo.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I have a portugal win and a draw in the other game as part of my accumulator.

just need Argies and IC to win and im in the money

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Need an Arg/Holland draw, and an IC victory for the win.

Good game between Portugal and Mexico though. Mexico played an admirable second half up until the sending off.