• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D: Mexico, Iran, Angola, Portugal

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Iran were pretty good I thought. 3-1 was harsh on them after a good first half, but in the second half Mexico dominated, and the result reflected that pretty well. Doubtful that Iran will qualify now, but Portugal will have to be careful against them anyway, as they're obviously capable of playing very well.

First half was really entertaining too. Good match.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Anyone notice how the England game was easily the most boring of the games so far? I was more interested by this game between two middle-of-the-road sides than I was by our turgid effort. :dry:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
If the first few seconds are anything to go by, Angolan GK will be in for a long night.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Baconator said:
Angola not really doing too badly since the goal, I don't reckon they'll score though.
Exactly what i'd have said. Can't see them not losing, but it's certainly not a walkover.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Poor performance from Portugal, Angola never looked like scoring or even threatening the Portuguese goal. And other than Figo, Portugal were never much of an attacking threat.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Figo and Ronaldo were alright in patches, but it certainly wasn't the best effort. The theme of this World Cup so far is definately that the gap between the big teams and the little ones is smaller than ever before. There have been a few games so far where one side has genuinely dominated play, but even in those games the results haven't shown it, with Sweden failing to score, Portugal only scoring once, and Germany letting in two goals.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
Missed that. What was it?
Ronaldo takes a free kick on the left. Hits a defender's head and balloons up in the air. When it comes down, the keeper tries to punch it away but misses and the commentator said summat like "just like Monty Panesar at deep square leg."

Barney Rubble

International Coach
steds said:
Ronaldo takes a free kick on the left. Hits a defender's head and balloons up in the air. When it comes down, the keeper tries to punch it away but misses and the commentator said summat like "just like Monty Panesar at deep square leg."
:laugh: Awesome.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
roseboy64 said:
Never any doubt IMO.
That's as may be, but Mexico have been utterly dreadful.

Mind you, I've just started supporting them tonight - although that might have more to do with the fact that Angola have just brought on a Dirty Leeds player as a sub.

If Holland's group is the 'Group of Death', this is truly the 'Group of Bore You To Death'.

Last edited: