• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C: Argentina, Cote d'Ivoire, Serbia & Montenegro, Holland

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Can`t see how you can have such a radically different view. I thought IC should have at least drawn, but in the end, New Zealand just dominated from the baseline and nailed the conversions before overtime.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
roseboy64 said:
I'm guessing from their mothers maybe but seriously you guys are woefully discrediting Ivory Coast.
I think they're just crediting Argentina - and I would too, but taking nothing away from Ivory Coast, who could still qualify.

Personally I thought that Argentina were totally in control in the first half but were hanging on a bit at the end.

In Riquelme, they have the best player I've seen in the tournament so far, and his assuredness was the difference between the two sides.

/IMO

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
I think they're just crediting Argentina - and I would too, but taking nothing away from Ivory Coast, who could still qualify.

Personally I thought that Argentina were totally in control in the first half but were hanging on a bit at the end.

In Riquelme, they have the best player I've seen in the tournament so far, and his assuredness was the difference between the two sides.

/IMO
Totally agree with your point as well as BoyBrumby’s. Ivory Coast were praiseworthy opponents, both teams went for it and it was a refreshing sight but Argentina had the game under control for large periods and if they really wouldn’t to they could have pushed home their advantage at any moment.

Easily the best game of the tournament so far and Argentina have definitely set the marker.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Carn Koroman.

Also carn Stefanovic, but he retired from S&M (:naughty: - sorry, it had to be done) so he could concentrate on his Pompey career. Legend. :)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
Can`t see how you can have such a radically different view. I thought IC should have at least drawn, but in the end, New Zealand just dominated from the baseline and nailed the conversions before overtime.
:laugh:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Very entertaining first half, my 2-0 prediction still a possibility. Looks like this will be one of the more interesting groups judging by these two matches.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Holland look pretty dominant and likely to score again, S&M look like they could score on the break.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I detest Serbia, but they have really impressed me in this match. Quality football, especially in the second half, really confident stuff. And they`ve played really fair as well. Great to watch. :thumbsup:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
I detest Serbia, but they have really impressed me in this match. Quality football, especially in the second half, really confident stuff. And they`ve played really fair as well. Great to watch. :thumbsup:
If you like watching teams that hardly look like scoring goals, i feel sorry for you.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Decent effort from Serbia at times, mostly in the first half and early in the second. The game really dropped off though, and finished as a pretty dull contest after a good start. Ivory Coast impressed far more, so far as chance for qualification from this group is concerned.

Robben was awesome, and comfortably the best player in any match to date in the tournament. Even though I hate him. :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think the heat is proving a big factor in the earlier kick-offs. There's been a very marked tailing off in both games so far. The players must be losing half a stone & more during the course of the match.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
FaaipDeOiad said:
Those blazing 25 degree temperatures. :p
More like 30+.... :p

Even so it's very hot to play football in. I bet players cover a fair distance in the course of a match.