Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Group C: Argentina, Cote d'Ivoire, Serbia & Montenegro, Holland

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib
    Ivory Coast is your typical African team, flair and pacy but **** at the back.
    I agree with the pace, but from what I've seen African teams tend to be decent at the back because they're usually big strong, physical and pacy guys but just lack attacking threat (and flair).because they don't yet have the technical ability. Teams like Cameroon a while ago and this Ivory Coast side seem to be more the exception than the norm and the African Cup of Nations are usually dire to watch (partly because the pitches and heat as well to be fair).
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Ivory Coast were robbed tonight, as far as I'm concerned. They were the better team all over the pitch for most of the match, and Argentina's goals generally came in even periods of the game, or even against the run somewhat. A 2-2 draw might have been a fair result, and fair play to Argentina for making more of their chances, but the result really does seem unfair to an Ivory Coast team that played remarkably well.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Well played the Ivory Coast. Didn't deserve to lose and were definitely on par with Argentina during the entire match.
    Was exciting to watch, Argentina basically just took their chances better.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Good game from the Ivory Coast. Deserved better.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Much as it pains me to admit it, but I think 2-1 flattered the Ivory Coast. Argentina more or less completely dictated the pace of the game.

When they were 2-0 ahead yer Argentines were more than happy to defend deep & only mount the occasional counter. An impressive tournament performance for mine. &, again this hurts me as an Englishman, the best team on view thus far.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

What game were you watching? If the Ivorians had taken thier chances they would have comfortably won the game.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64
    What game were you watching? If the Ivorians had taken thier chances they would have comfortably won the game.
    The same match as you. Aside from the goal the Ivorians never seriously threatened to score. Possession is all very well, but it's end product that matters. The fact that yer Argies went up & scored more or less straight after Drogba (albeit disallowed for offiside) shows how much they had the game in their pockets.

They looked a team planning a long tournament. Dear God I hope I'm wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    Much as it pains me to admit it, but I think 2-1 flattered the Ivory Coast. Argentina more or less completely dictated the pace of the game.

When they were 2-0 ahead yer Argentines were more than happy to defend deep & only mount the occasional counter. An impressive tournament performance for mine. &, again this hurts me as an Englishman, the best team on view thus far.
    I agree with that. Can't quite see where some people in this thread are coming from...

I'm guessing from their mothers maybe but seriously you guys are woefully discrediting Ivory Coast.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Off the top of my head, aside from the goal the Ivory Coast had that header which was very flukily saved by the Argie goalie and the chance Drogba had where Ayala managed to get back and block it. Both of those had a strong chance of going in, especially the first one.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Can`t see how you can have such a radically different view. I thought IC should have at least drawn, but in the end, New Zealand just dominated from the baseline and nailed the conversions before overtime.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64
    I'm guessing from their mothers maybe but seriously you guys are woefully discrediting Ivory Coast.
    I think they're just crediting Argentina - and I would too, but taking nothing away from Ivory Coast, who could still qualify.

Personally I thought that Argentina were totally in control in the first half but were hanging on a bit at the end.

In Riquelme, they have the best player I've seen in the tournament so far, and his assuredness was the difference between the two sides.

/IMO
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    I think they're just crediting Argentina - and I would too, but taking nothing away from Ivory Coast, who could still qualify.

Personally I thought that Argentina were totally in control in the first half but were hanging on a bit at the end.

In Riquelme, they have the best player I've seen in the tournament so far, and his assuredness was the difference between the two sides.

/IMO
    Totally agree with your point as well as BoyBrumby’s. Ivory Coast were praiseworthy opponents, both teams went for it and it was a refreshing sight but Argentina had the game under control for large periods and if they really wouldn’t to they could have pushed home their advantage at any moment.

Easily the best game of the tournament so far and Argentina have definitely set the marker.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    There's no doubt it was the best game of the tournament, either way.

Carn Kezman.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information