• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C: Argentina, Cote d'Ivoire, Serbia & Montenegro, Holland

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
The Ivory Coast/Serbia & Montenegro game was an absolute cracker. Didn't get it live here, but I caught the replay before bed, and it was one of the finest of the tournament.
Taken it was entertaining but both teams really did defend appallingly and it was a game where no one gave a ****. Everyone had license presumably because both managers were off after the game.
Ivory Coast just launched an all out assault from the start whilst the Serbians who employed a rather effective two lines of four tactic in Dutch game, abandoned such notions and the Serbian players were popping up here, there and everywhere. It really was peculiar game of football.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pedro Delgado said:
and ivory.
Not really, as I said before the British coined the term sarcastically, Ivory was not that important to the French or even the Europeans. It was more of extravagant luxury.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
marc71178 said:
Even Andy Cole scored a shedload of goals playing upfront in that team.
So now you're saying Andy Cole is crap or rather was because he's very close to that now?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's not now, I said it back in the time as well, he wasn't as good as his number of goals suggested.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Well defences back then must have been real crap then and Shearer wasn't as good as we thought. Mind you, I'm not saying he was world class but not as bad as you're making out.