• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B: England, Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobago, Sweden

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
GeraintIsMyHero said:
We should have qualified with the players available. Le Tissier was ignored, as was Anderton, while superstars like Carlton Palmer were embraced. The talent was definitely there for England to qualify for USA 94 ahead of Norway, but twasn't to be.
Norway won that group. You should have been in ahead of the Netherlands. :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sorry didn't mean to sound disrespectful. You had a good side but were very, very dulll to watch in the tournament. You needed either a win or a high scoring draw against Ireland and put ten men behind the ball and played for 0-0. Go figure.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Sorry didn't mean to sound disrespectful. You had a good side but were very, very dulll to watch in the tournament. You needed either a win or a high scoring draw against Ireland and put ten men behind the ball and played for 0-0. Go figure.
Yeah, that was stupid, I agree. Suppose we were so successful with that tactic in quali that the coach thought it'd work in the finals, too. :D The 6 years of success in Norwegian football was based on utter dullness anyway.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
20 minutes with the game in the bag would be the ideal situation.

Also seems like Gary Neville is out of tomorrow's game, can not say I am concerned, Jamie Carragher could do the job, can only play the five yard pass but his defensively sound.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
well Gary Neville was easily the worst player in the last match so perhaps its a good idea. I lost count of the amount of times he gave the ball away.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
superkingdave said:
well Gary Neville was easily the worst player in the last match so perhaps its a good idea. I lost count of the amount of times he gave the ball away.
Hmm. Ash Cole must've run him fairly close.

Young Michael wasn't too flash either, but at least he & Mr Tweedy have the fitness issues as excuses.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
roseboy64 said:
If possible maybe a run out in the last 5 minutes if the match is won he shouldn't play.
5 minutes?

What use will that be to him?

If he's going to be put on to get match practise, has to be at least 20 IMO.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought I heard on the news the other day that there was a bit of a dust up between Ljungberg and a teammate (the same teammate he had a run in with in 2002 apparently)!?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Son Of Coco said:
I thought I heard on the news the other day that there was a bit of a dust up between Ljungberg and a teammate (the same teammate he had a run in with in 2002 apparently)!?
Olof Mellberg. Apparently they "had words" at HT. As you say tho, they have previous:

Have to fancy the big centre-half there, rampantly heterosexual as Freddie undoubtedly is.... :whistling

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
roseboy64 said:
A lot can happen in 5 minutes but I guess 20 is resonable.
Not really, in 5 minutes you'd just have time to get used to the pace of the game and then it's all over.