• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B: England, Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobago, Sweden

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
2. I seldom moan about officials, but today I shall make an exception - today's referee is as close to being an effing cheat as I have seen in international football for a few years. Some of his decisions have been baffling to say the least.
It's like he's a clone of a certain Mr Maier....

Was ridiculous the amount of fouls given against Crouch for no reason, Parades is basically a moron. Whoever decided to referee a Hispanic country with an entire team of Hispanic officials is a moron. *sigh*

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Crouch MoM by a mile - only player who performed for 90 minutes.
Joe Cole second, just for his first-half display, but that's down to Sven. The decision to take Owen off was baffling, to say the least.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Robertinho said:
After an Australian victory in cricket
"Lyk, ma grandpah's niece'z dog's maggot's best friend woz from Auzdraylia, so I go fa dem in crikket bruv"

With anything to do with soccer
"Why me woulda want tief Shortman Surf dance? Me always do my own ting, me do a Surf dance years ago, and plus that dance can only do for one riddim and that's Wipeout and it skettel out with too many artistes. Shortman need fi study the music more, ah me mek people start dance again, ah me go fi Keiva and dem after Bogle dead and nobody no waan go out again, ah me say Bad Man Forward, Bad Man Pull Up, and ah that and Dutty Wine still ah run the place, Shortman need fi just easy himself, mi no waan tief him dance, but ya, I bin goin fa England fa ma whole lyfe bruva, dis a dream we have had fa eva"
About half past 4, I think.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
luckyeddie said:
Crouch MoM by a mile - only player who performed for 90 minutes.
Joe Cole second, just for his first-half display, but that's down to Sven. The decision to take Owen off was baffling, to say the least.
Are we forgetting the amount of headers that Crouch ducked out of/forgot to jump for?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jungle Jumbo said:
Are we forgetting the amount of headers that Crouch ducked out of/forgot to jump for?
You've made no secret of your hatred of the bloke, I've made no secret of the fact that I think he's England's only effective target-man.

Let's leave it at that, shall we?

Xuhaib

International Coach
If England plays this brand of football then they can say bye-bye to the neutral fans support.

Gerrard and Lampard together in the middle just dont work.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Xuhaib said:
If England plays this brand of football then they can say bye-bye to the neutral fans support.

Gerrard and Lampard together in the middle just dont work.
Since when have England in any of the popular sports (football, cricket, puffs rugby, hopscotch, tiddlywinks) ever commanded one iota of neutral support, whether in here or outside of cyberspace?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
good 1st half, poor second half. Sven decision making was poor i don't understand why Owen was subbed after 55 minutes & even so, why Walcott wasn't brought on. If he doesn't think he is ready why did he take him?. But England have the three points thats the key & probably the hot conditions affected them in the second half. Looking foward to better performances in the group stages.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, how about T&T? Top effort.

Can't blame Sweden really, they played decently and created plenty of chances, just couldn't find a goal. T&T defended really well, played a very physical game and could have held plenty of sides goalless with that effort.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
aussie said:
good 1st half, poor second half. Sven decision making was poor i don't understand why Owen was subbed after 55 minutes & even so, why Walcott wasn't brought on. If he doesn't think he is ready why did he take him?. But England have the three points thats the key & probably the hot conditions affected them in the second half. Looking foward to better performances in the group stages.
Walcott wasn't brought on because he's been nothing short of completely anonymous in both the B game and his one senior appearance so far.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
Someone took notes on what the guys at the BBC said. 8-)

Well Done to T&T....makes it so much easier for England to qualify now :D

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Jono said:
Shaka Hislop... what a legend. :D

Go Trinidad & Tobago.
I've met the bloke, while he played for Pompey, he's an absolute grade one top fella. Am thoroughly delighted for him, and for T&T. Fantastic performance. :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I know one Cricket Web Vice Administrator / Head of News (Roar) who just MIGHT be getting a teensy, weensy bit wasted tonight, and I don't blame him one little bit.

Heroes to a man - and I am NOT counting any chickens prior to England playing T&T. I'd settle for a 1-0 win now - in fact, I'd snatch your hand off for it..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Barney Rubble said:
I've met the bloke, while he played for Pompey, he's an absolute grade one top fella. Am thoroughly delighted for him, and for T&T. Fantastic performance. :D
Don't tell Steds, but he has a cooler name that Dave Mohammed and surely can challenge for his throne if he continues his awesome ways?

I mean Shaka Hislop is a name meant for a champion.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Jono said:
Don't tell Steds, but he has a cooler name that Dave Mohammed and surely can challenge for his throne if he continues his awesome ways?

I mean Shaka Hislop is a name meant for a champion.
I feel an appreciation society coming on. :D

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
Walcott wasn't brought on because he's been nothing short of completely anonymous in both the B game and his one senior appearance so far.
more reason why Sven should have gone for a safer bet & picked Defoe..