• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B: England, Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobago, Sweden

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England are missing Gary Neville a worrying amount, Carragher just gives the ball away frequently with his poor passes.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Hargreaves a revelation in the central midfield role - lots of nice first touches.
He's nowhere near as bad as everybody makes out. I'm a fan

...even if he's actually about as English as King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz al-Saud.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just do not believe England keep leaving the man at the front post, what the hell is the vegetable doing? He could have passed the message via Sol at the very least.

Actually the vegetable is probably thinking about who he is going to have an affair/fling with next.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Brilliant Sven, bring Gerrard on, let's get him booked. Bring Lennon on, let someone have a run at them, that's what he should have done.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
it would be nice if he let someone else take a corner or free kick once in a while. Or chose to pass to the unmarked guy five yards away rather than play a 40 yard crossfield pass to someone who is marked

Tom Halsey

International Coach
superkingdave said:
If Beckham is worth his place in the side then so am I.
I'm more concerned about our utter lack of strikers, our over-reliance on Crouch, and Sven's utterly ridiculous decision to take Walcott without so much as one Premiership appearance if he's not prepared to play him on occasions like this.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
I'm more concerned about our utter lack of strikers, our over-reliance on Crouch, and Sven's utterly ridiculous decision to take Walcott without so much as one Premiership appearance if he's not prepared to play him on occasions like this.
seriously i think the Beckham problem is worse.