• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A: Germany, Costa Rica, Poland, Ecuador

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't care who we face, to win the World Cup you have to beat good sides. We are a much better side than the Germans, even if we aren't on form yet.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
GeraintIsMyHero said:
I don't care who we face, to win the World Cup you have to beat good sides.
But it is a lot better if you have to face lesser of the possible tough sides. ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
i hope Germany defeat Ecuador at least by a two goal margin since i don't want England to come up againts the germans in the round of 16 even though i think we would beat them.
Small point, but why the 2 goal margin?

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
The Germans will not be wanting to meet us. Playing the home nation so early would be something to avoid ideally, but if it happens I'm pretty confident of beating them, they are woeful at the back.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
marc71178 said:
Small point, but why the 2 goal margin?
Ecuador's goal difference is 2 better than germany's, so I'm assuming that Aussie has forgotten Germany will get points for their victory. He's also forgotten that germany scoring once would actually level their goal differences anyway and take the Germans ahead on goals scored, even if the match was 0 points for a win!