• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A: Germany, Costa Rica, Poland, Ecuador

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Germany to win the opening game, even with Ballack out i think theres enough quality to get them through this important game, they'll prolly go hard early and i think they'll be 2 or 3 up by halftime.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Germany are *****.
Always have been ... boring, defensive ***** football.

Honestly don't care what people say about that comment .... but to today/tongihts match ..... most attacking German team i've seen. Hence, I think they are decent. (Awseome goal to begin the world cup!!!!)

Irrespective of that, germany are crud. All teams in group A are crud, .... Wanchope to get Costa Rica through :p

Germany, Costa Rica, Poland, Ecuador.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was wondering what on Earth I was watching in the first half, no diving at all.

Germans making up for it in the second half, rolling around like fairies whenever they get the slightest knock. Back to extreme loathing for them.

3-2 now...

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Scaly piscine said:
I was wondering what on Earth I was watching in the first half, no diving at all.

Germans making up for it in the second half, rolling around like fairies whenever they get the slightest knock. Back to extreme loathing for them.

3-2 now...
Funny you mention that..... I have never been so ****ed off watching international football than when I saw the dutch flying around in the friendly vs australia.

Terrible.

Paulo for a hatrick?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Any team that apparently has a trio of 'shaven head' players is cool in my book.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Scaly piscine said:
Seems like living in the land of convicts is finally getting to you.
Lol, never cease to amaze Scaly.

Looks like 4-2 will be the final score. Was a pretty entertaining match to watch whilst doing some late-night study.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Travis_Teh said:
Should lay off the lame England-Australia jokes....all been used before.
Hey if I can't be slightly racist during a World Cup then what is this World coming to?

Anyways I think in a few years time they're going to be using helium filled footballs that weigh a few grams and then float off into the atmosphere when the space-age plasticky outer skin wears off.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Scaly piscine said:
Hey if I can't be slightly racist during a World Cup then what is this World coming to?

Anyways I think in a few years time they're going to be using helium filled footballs that weigh a few grams and then float off into the atmosphere when the space-age plasticky outer skin wears off.
I really hope you aren't seriously thinking that ...