• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No Major Upset,,,QF Line Up,,,, Who will win

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Germany, Italy, Holland and Brazil for mine...
but given what usually happens at world cups id be surprised if they are the last 8...

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
biased indian said:

1) Germany Vs Argentina

2) Italy Vs France

3) England Vs Netherlands

4) Brazil Vs Spain

Is that with Holland or Argentina as winner of that group?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Matteh said:
Is that with Holland or Argentina as winner of that group?
Argies I think, unless Poland topped Group A.

That would leave Holland v (probably) Portugal in the 16, which is far from a forgone conclusion.

Steulen

International Regular
My thoughts exactly. If last 16 is Netherlands vs Mexico, they'll qualify easily. Portugal would be much more difficult.

Anyway, of that hypothetical QF line-up, I'd say:

Argentina. Much better side then Germany, should be relatively easy even if it is home advantage Germany.

Italy. I have them listed as eventual champions in the betting comp at work and France are too old and overrated.

Netherlands. Simply because England aren't that good and will have half the team suspended or injured come the QF's.

Spain. For Brazil read France. Old and overrated, their geriatric wingbacks will be exposed and Spain will finally do justice to their quality.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Steulen said:
Netherlands. Simply because England aren't that good and will have half the team suspended or injured come the QF's.
You mean 'I'm Dutch and therefore prefer Holland over England.' :p

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Netherlands aren't that good either, I'd expect them or England to lose to Portugal if they met to be honest.

Steulen

International Regular
Matteh said:
You mean 'I'm Dutch and therefore prefer Holland over England.' :p
No. I'm not English and therefore don't buy the hype that England has a chance to win something.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mexico seem pretty under rated, im guessing they r like spain in that they havent performed all that great at previous championships so everyone is presuming they'll crash out early again.
I think they'll top their group and may even make it as far as the semis.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Steulen said:
No. I'm not English and therefore don't buy the hype that England has a chance to win something.
A good job the Dutch don't have to play a decent team like the Republic of Ireland every week

/runs

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pothas said:
which of those would be due to play the Czech Republic in the 2nd round?
Going on the assumption Italy win Group E & yer Czechs are 2nd it'd (probably) be Brazil, so I think it's a fair bet they'll be out.