• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Betting Thread

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Well, I do.

Incidentally, Ivory Coast not looking good at half time, down 2-1 in a dead rubber with little to play for, aside from my money. One Serbian player sent off though, so you never know.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
I've already won $18 on Portugal winning today, and if Argentina and Holland draw and Ivory Coast win, I'll pick up $150. Iran let me down on my other bet.
Ivory Coast win, Portugal win, Iran-Angola draw, Netherlands-Argentina draw, $3 @ 49.95. Returns $149.85.

First win in several days there. Nice one to get though.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
bah, my potential £90podd quid is reduced to about £9 by Argentina's failure to score, thought Tevez might nick it at the end.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
I'm on holiday now, and will soon be very bored, so figured I might as well throw some money in the direction of the TAB in the hope of picking up some loose change. Problem is though, I've never bet on anything before, so don't really have a clue about what I should look for and what options I can take.

Anyone like to give me some tips so I can steal some money of the bookies? Cheers.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Sir Redman said:
I'm on holiday now, and will soon be very bored, so figured I might as well throw some money in the direction of the TAB in the hope of picking up some loose change. Problem is though, I've never bet on anything before, so don't really have a clue about what I should look for and what options I can take.

Anyone like to give me some tips so I can steal some money of the bookies? Cheers.
I've found accumulators (called multi-bets at TAB) are pretty good value - where you select more than one bet, multiplying the odds each time, and it pays off if all of them occur. There's not much to it really, if you can bet online just look through the various games and pick a few things you think are likely. You can start with outright results (Brazil and Italy to win or something), and move on to other things like first goalscorer, halftime/fulltime doubles, exact scores and so on. My two biggest wins so far have come on accumulators where I picked several results in the same day, including an exact score in one of them.

It can also be a good idea to put a bit of your money on a fairly safe bet, in the (likely) occurance that the others don't work out. I started with $25 a few days back, and put half of it on Sweden to beat Paraguay. When that happened, I had a bit more to work with the next day.

Knowing your luck in the prediction thread, you'll be a millionaire in no time.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, forgot to post in this thread. I had $10 to start off with, refused to bet any more than that. Now I`m on just over $140, only betting $5 on matches. Ridiculously easy money.

ash chaulk

International Captain
tonites bets

Undecided

$10 Returns $29 Soccer World Cup 2006 · World Cup – Matches Croatia v Australia – Gottlieb-Daimler
Head to Head – Australia (1+) @ 2.90 22/Jun/2006
19:02

Undecided

$10 Returns $230 Soccer World Cup 2006 · World Cup – Matches Croatia v Australia – Gottlieb-Daimler
Half Time Fulltime Double – Croatia/Australia @ 23.00 22/Jun/2006
19:10

Undecided
$4 Returns $30 Soccer World Cup 2006 · World Cup – Matches Croatia v Australia – 1st Goal Scorer
First Goal Scorer – Mark Viduka @ 7.50

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
I've found accumulators (called multi-bets at TAB) are pretty good value - where you select more than one bet, multiplying the odds each time, and it pays off if all of them occur. There's not much to it really, if you can bet online just look through the various games and pick a few things you think are likely. You can start with outright results (Brazil and Italy to win or something), and move on to other things like first goalscorer, halftime/fulltime doubles, exact scores and so on. My two biggest wins so far have come on accumulators where I picked several results in the same day, including an exact score in one of them.

It can also be a good idea to put a bit of your money on a fairly safe bet, in the (likely) occurance that the others don't work out. I started with $25 a few days back, and put half of it on Sweden to beat Paraguay. When that happened, I had a bit more to work with the next day.

Knowing your luck in the prediction thread, you'll be a millionaire in no time.
Cheers. That's basically what I thought, try a couple of bucks on a few multi-bets and put a bit more on a more obvious result.

What's the bet (haha, good one 8-)) my luck runs out if I actually put money on it happening...

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
5 way accy on for me today:

£5 on Brazil, Spain, Ukraine, France & Switzerland to win their next games. Pays £21.73 plus stake.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'm midway through a pretty good accumulator, with odds of almost $50 and a stake of $5. Main questionmark is Australia getting up - if we win, it's just Brazil, Spain and Ukraine from there, who all look good.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
that whole group H has been a ***** so far, the teams in that group have cost me more money than every other team put together...

pasag

RTDAS
"...bookmaker Corals is offering odds of 10-1 against Poll refereeing another match at the World Cup"

Good odds.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
pasag said:
"...bookmaker Corals is offering odds of 10-1 against Poll refereeing another match at the World Cup"

Good odds.
they should treat him like a sick horse, take him out back and well....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Recently I've wasted my World Cup winnings on AFL bets, which in turn I've lost in.

Now I'm prepared to do the reverse, and waste my AFL winnings on the World Cup. Decided to chuck a bit of dosh on the Ukraine, in the spirit of Newman from Seinfeld, and his battke with Kramer in the board game Risk.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
lost a bit yesterday on stupid in play bets including betting on there being a card between 70-80 when there was one in the 69th minute then about 9million after the 80th minutes grrr.

Have a couple of bets on today but since my other computer's montior blew a transistor I can't currently bet whilst watching the games, so might be a quiet day or two betting wise.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
BoyBrumby said:
5 way accy on for me today:

£5 on Brazil, Spain, Ukraine, France & Switzerland to win their next games. Pays £21.73 plus stake.
Ker-chink! Thanks v much all concerned. :D