• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Betting Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ash chaulk said:
the alternate is yuk but good for the collection
the alternate one i better than the WC gold one, needs some green to break up the gold a bit. The gold one ive got is the qualifying one which is a lot better than any of the others...

Blaze

Banned
Plenty of money to be earnt now that the closer games are starting to be played...

Will post my bets for tonight in the next couple of hours..

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:
results are harder to pick though
indeed... that's why I will probably end up with the figures 0.00 next to my account balance by the end of the tournament. Always worth a crack though..

Blaze

Banned
eng, paraguay, poland, germany all to win, $5 ---> 44.50

draw, paraguay, draw, germany $5 ---> $111

Not very confident...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yesterday I put down Spain, Switzerland, Poland, England, Paraguay to win, for $8 @ 10.64.

Today I got England, Germany, Paraguay, Poland to win, $5 @ 9.05

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Come on it's England v Sweden... bound to be a draw, especially if T&T had managed to take the lead in the other game.

ash chaulk

International Captain
broncoman said:
the alternate one i better than the WC gold one, needs some green to break up the gold a bit. The gold one ive got is the qualifying one which is a lot better than any of the others...
yes the kit we had against uruguay was the best

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
BoyBrumby said:
Nah. It was Fat Dave Suker (6) in 1998 & Ronaldo (8) in 2002. Whoever heard of him?!? :p

Also whatsisname the Bulgarian was joint top with Salenko in 1994 with 6. Stoichkov! (sp?)
:-O I used to respect you.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
well if the Argies win and Ivory coast win, i'll get a nice £92.51 bonus, if one of them doesn't win, i'll get about a fiver. Need this win after a bad week so far, my margin is down to about £48 atm

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'm down to $50 myself, after starting with $25 and being as high as $130 odd.

I've already won $18 on Portugal winning today, and if Argentina and Holland draw and Ivory Coast win, I'll pick up $150. Iran let me down on my other bet.

I also had a go at a long accumulator today. Portugal, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Australia, Brazil, Spain and Ukraine to win, $5 @ 46.92. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
yeah i have £63 in my account having started on £15 with quite a few bets still on

- Spain, France, Brazil, Portugal*, Germany*, England*, Argentina, Czech Rep to win the groups - six folds, seven folds, eight fold - total £4.60
- Crespo & Argentina 2-1 £1@30/1
- Drogba & IC 2-1 £1@30/1
- Portugal*, Argentina, IC to win, Iran-Angola draw*, Trebles, 4 fold £4 total
- Argentina-Holland first corner in under 8 mins £2@evens
-Argentina-Holland over 3 goals £1@3/1
- Argentina HT Arg FT & Over 10 corners in match + Draw HT IC FT & less than 10 corners, £1 to win £66.20
-Czech Rep, Ghana, Croatia, Brazil £1 to win £20.66
- Brazil and draws in Cze-Ita, Aus-Cro, Gha-USA, £1 to win £40.31

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm such a Luddite. I actually go to the bookies to put on my bets.

Always makes me feel about ten feet tall when I go to the counter & say "I think I might have a winner on this one." knowing for absolute bloody certain I do! :p

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
I'm such a Luddite. I actually go to the bookies to put on my bets.

Always makes me feel about ten feet tall when I go to the counter & say "I think I might have a winner on this one." knowing for absolute bloody certain I do! :p
Well, you still have to go in to collect the money, so you can make the song and dance about picking up the winnings then, if you feel the need. :p