• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Betting Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I generally save my betting on Aussie Rules footy and cricket (though a random snooker bet occurs every now and then) but those odds did look fairly good.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
hmm yeah i think i got 10/11 for one of my accumulators on it, thats about the same isn't it? IC must be making you nervous now though!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep that last one on the goal line was worrying.

I've put an extra $10 on there not to be another goal in the last 8 minutes of play at 1.60. Shut up shop Holland, but don't score! :p

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Gone decently on some accumulators today & yesterday. If Angola could somehow swing a 0-0 result against Mexico I'll pick up $155 from a small stake.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Looking good at half-time.

One bet has already paid off, which was on a Netherlands half-time lead, Argentina half-time lead and Mexico/Angola to be 0-0 at half time. Was $3 @ 19.47, so returned $58.41.

If they hang on for 0-0, there's another $97.85 to be had on other bets. One was outright $3 @ 9.00 for the 0-0 result, and the other is an acccumulator for yesterday which also requires Portugal to win tomorrow. That was $5 @ 14.17.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nice, another $70 thanks to Sweden, Argentina and Portugal winning, and the Angola/Mexico.

Randomly put $5 today on draw/win ht/ft doubles for Portugal, Czech Republic and Italy, because it returns at $99 or so with all three. Portugal did it, so you never know.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Not a good day for me so far, aside from the Portugal win. Might take tomorrow off and enjoy the Australia game.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
In contradiction to the above statement, just because the odds were absurd: my $1 bet for the day - all three games to finish 0-0. Returns $2054. :laugh:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
just opened up a centrebet online account and dropped $100 on Spain to beat Tunisia tonight German time to collect $128.

For those of you who want a free soccer jersey I suggest you visit centrebet.com.au before the competition ends and all you have to do is place a $100 bet on the wc and then (win lose or draw) they send you a voucher to go get a jersey from rebel valued at $129 for free.

Pretty sweet deal and I like Spain and reckon they'll win the world cup so Tunisia won't be a problem.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slats4ever said:
just opened up a centrebet online account and dropped $100 on Spain to beat Tunisia tonight German time to collect $128.

For those of you who want a free soccer jersey I suggest you visit centrebet.com.au before the competition ends and all you have to do is place a $100 bet on the wc and then (win lose or draw) they send you a voucher to go get a jersey from rebel valued at $129 for free.

Pretty sweet deal and I like Spain and reckon they'll win the world cup so Tunisia won't be a problem.
yeh i got my free jersey the other day, i already had a gold socceroos jersey so i got the alternate one...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Slats4ever said:

Nice!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
BoyBrumby said:
£5 on England, Argentina, Holland & Portugal to win next games. Pays £16.87 plus stake.
Ladbrookes actually paid me £16.88, so I'm a penny further up woo-hoo! :p

Bets I had since:

£5 on accumulator for Czechs to beat Ghana (d'oh! Buggered at first hurdle), Croatia to beat Japan (ha!), Brazil to beat Oz (one right, finally :p ), France to beat South Korea (ha!) & Switzerland to beat Togo (2/5, huzzah!)

£5 on treble @ 2/1 for Switzerland, Ukraine & Spain to win today.