• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Betting Thread

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Blewy said:
Im liking the looks of:

* Sweden to top their group @ $3
* Australia to make the R16 @ $3
* Klose @ $23 to win Golden Shoe
* Aloisi to be Australia's Top Scorer @ $6.50
* Gerrard to be England's Top Scorer @ $6.00

Aloisi for the Golden Boot!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Croatia have pretty reasonable odds for their friendly against Poland tonight, they are at $2.25 i believe...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
With the streak he's on and his career record of making streaks long, Crouch at either 40-1 for the Boot or more likely to be England's top scorer may be worth a small punt?

Simon

marc71178 said:
With the streak he's on and his career record of making streaks long, Crouch at either 40-1 for the Boot or more likely to be England's top scorer may be worth a small punt?
definately a chance, i just wonder how much part he'll play if and when Rooney returns...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He'll still be the impact player from the bench so will get half an hour or so each game at least (assuming nobody is injured)

Simon

found some interesting odds here, i like the look of group H, Ukraine and Spain might be able to put a few past Tunisia and Saudia Arabia, and possibly have a few when they play each other.

Code:
Highest Scoring Group

GROUP A 	$6.50 

GROUP B 	$6.50 

GROUP C 	$10.00 

GROUP D 	$5.00 

GROUP E 	$10.00 

GROUP F $5.00 

GROUP G 	$7.00 

GROUP H 	$7.50

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Some cracking bets here

A Liverpool player to score in each round is only 8-1, so if England were to fail, I guess you'd need France or Spain going far, assuming Cisse lasts the month as a Liverpool player.

Rooney is 40-1 to captain England, I think he better focus on getting fit first!

Amazingly, three red cards in a game is only 6-1 with Sky.

33-1 on England being excluded due to rioting, how embarassing that the ebt is even mentioned

I'm gonna look at the other sites, see what they're offering. I can't wait for the World Cup to begin!

Simon

ash chaulk said:
i had $30 on aus to win @ $6.50 but no.
was pretty optimistic, i was gonna go 1-1 but friendlies are just too unpredictable, i did win on Ivory Coast against Slovenia, but $1.75 was too good to pass up.

Simon

ash chaulk said:
put $20 on the lietchinstein game will get back $2.40 which i will use to bet on crap teams
lol, im considering putting something on a France/Australia multi, id make $17 on a $60 investment, but knowing my luck China will draw with france...

Simon

i ended up going $35 on Aus/France/Ljubicic in the tennis, paid $1.65 so i was pretty happy.

Simon

So who has bets on for day 1 matches, ive got

First Goal Ger v CR - Miroslav Klose - $10 @ $4
Pol vs Ecu Draw/Germany by 2+ v CR - $5 @ $5.60
Germany to Win vs Costa Rica - $35 @ $1.25
Last Goal Ger vs CR - Lukas Podolski - $1 @ $6