• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shock First Round Exit

First Round Exit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
marc71178 said:
Won't happen.

FIFA have an obligation for hosts to advance if you get my drift...
Oh I get your drift indeed. Germany should be strong enough to make it to the last 16 anyhow, but as you say, FIFA may pull some strings to get them further, England-Germany in the last 16 is a realistic possibility as far as I remember, could be worrying actually....

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As most people have said Argentina followed by Italy would be my tip. Spain normaly manage to bog it up somehow but i cant see how they wont get out of the group.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gone for Italy - seen them go belly-up so many times from 1966 onwards.

You watch them win it now.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
oz_fan said:
Italy - even though I think they will go through the Czech Republic or the USA are good enough sides to pull off some upsets.
You were right !!

IMO , A shock first round beckons the Italians . Given overnight results. (Ghana 2 - Czech 0 and Italy 1 - 1 USA )

Its a do -or die battle in this Group, and If Italy beat the Czechs , they could be the team going out. I think Ghana will manage to beat the USA -given the USA are going to be depleted as well with 2 sent off (against Italy) .

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Great Birtannia said:
Argentina for me unless Messi is at full fitness and has a brilliant world cup.

Serbia & Montenegro are solid defensively and physically intimidating
:laugh:

As if the wrong prediction wasn't enough, you added insult to injury by backing a defence that leaked 6 goals to the team in question :laugh:

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Serbia fell in a heap. They would have won had Vidic played :dry:

Argentina will win the cup just to rub it in. Oh well everyone else was wrong too :unsure:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
France were the only one of the eight not to top their group, so a semi-pat on the back to Barney Rubble, kears_falcon_9, Sanz, The Baconator & The Foxtrot. :p