• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will win the World Cup

Who Will Win the World Cup

• Poland (Group A)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Costa Rica (Group A)

• Ecuador (Group A)

• Paraguay (Group B)

• Trinidad & Tobago (Group B)

• Ivory Coast (Group C)

• Serbia & Montenegro (Group C)

• Iran (Group D)

• Angola (Group D)

• Portugal (Group D)

• Ghana (Group E)

• Croatia (Group F)

• Japan (Group F)

• France (Group G)

• Switzerland (Group G)

• Korea Republic (Group G)

• Togo (Group G)

• Spain (Group H)

• Ukraine (Group H)

• Tunisia (Group H)

• Saudia Arabia (Group H)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe someone can pick it this time, from memory no one here gave Greece a chance at Euro 2004.

Simon

Im going Netherlands, obviously i want Australia to win, but i dont want Brazil to win it so ive gone the Dutch, high quality team and i think have a good shot at winning if they can get out of the group.

Blaze

Banned
I hope the Dutch can finally win a World Cup but I am not holding my breath...

Brazil are the obvious choice but I will go for the Czech's

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Brazil are obviously the most likely candidates, but just on a whim I'll go for England too. This is their best chance to win it in some time, and after Brazil I'd say they have as good a chance as anyone in a sizable group of other contenders.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
broncoman said:
Maybe someone can pick it this time, from memory no one here gave Greece a chance at Euro 2004.
Liam called it last time round!

I've got to the stage where blind nationalistic optimism is over-ruling the bit of my brain that's telling me Brazil > Everyone. Ah well.

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I went with Simon, i have this Feeling that the Dutch could fire... I know they have a history of getting the chokies, but something tells me they could do it...

If not them it'll be Australia...

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Italia for me.

They have the strike force to match their defence this time around and are playing a more attacking brand of football.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Working on the premise that I can never forecast anything right, I've gone for Brazil - thus ensuring the most open World Cup ever.

Craig

World Traveller
According to FourFourTwo England met Germany in the final and won on penalties.

Again I'm going to stick with Italy.

Simon

Craig said:
According to FourFourTwo England met Germany in the final and won on penalties.

Again I'm going to stick with Italy.
didnt they do with with football manager? and they said to prove it was no fluke they did it twice and the same result happened...

imo anyone whos played FM would know the chance of that happening like that twice in a row is pretty lo...

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
broncoman said:
didnt they do with with football manager? and they said to prove it was no fluke they did it twice and the same result happened...

imo anyone whos played FM would know the chance of that happening like that twice in a row is pretty lo...
I saw that, and if you have a look at the statistics the deficiencies of FM, despite being such a great game, are clear. The average goals per game must be massive.

Plus if you have a look at the screenshots in there it appears that the user is in control of England. I may be wrong.

Steulen

International Regular
Voted for Germany. Depressing, I know, but actual quality has never been a decisive factor in German footballing success.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
age_master said:
Heart naturaly says Australia, Head says Brazil, but im gonna go half way and pick the Dutch .
Surely halfway between Australia and Brazil is somewhere near Angola?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm going with yer Erics, although I have a sneaking suspicion Holland might join the ranks of winners.

They did win the last major tournament in Germany, if you believe in omens....