• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will win the World Cup

Who Will Win the World Cup

• Poland (Group A)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Costa Rica (Group A)

• Ecuador (Group A)

• Paraguay (Group B)

• Trinidad & Tobago (Group B)

• Ivory Coast (Group C)

• Serbia & Montenegro (Group C)

• Iran (Group D)

• Angola (Group D)

• Portugal (Group D)

• Ghana (Group E)

• Croatia (Group F)

• Japan (Group F)

• France (Group G)

• Switzerland (Group G)

• Korea Republic (Group G)

• Togo (Group G)

• Spain (Group H)

• Ukraine (Group H)

• Tunisia (Group H)

• Saudia Arabia (Group H)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
thats why the poll closed before the tournament started, so people cant some in and just pick one of the most in form teams now

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Brazil first convincing performance yesterday for me would put them back as favourites, Argentina also have a good chance, watch out for the Azzuri they could really light up this tournament & England the loss of Owen could trigger something big.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Interesting that nobody tipped Spain. If I had my vote over again, I'd go with them. Just a hunch.
I wouldn't pick spain as favourites even though they have started superbly again because they always stumble in the latter stages of the WC, for me they would have to reach the final for me to think that they could actually win.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
This may come back to haunt me but I would put everything I own on Spain NOT winning the World Cup.

Things do not stay the same. Playing well in 1st round means nothing and its possible teams can peak to soon.

Im very confident that Spain will not win the whole thing (I just dont put them in the top few teams in the World)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Good call Goughy, you were proven 100% correct.

I guess that shows why no one picked Spain.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
This may come back to haunt me but I would put everything I own on Spain NOT winning the World Cup.

Things do not stay the same. Playing well in 1st round means nothing and its possible teams can peak to soon.

Im very confident that Spain will not win the whole thing (I just dont put them in the top few teams in the World)
Cheers Jono, I find it funny that not just here but all over that there were so many bandwagon jumpers. Spain were not capable of winning and a couple of good performances early did not change that.

***Pats self on back for above prediction***

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
The host nation advantage certainly helped Germany in this morning's game against Argentina, who were unlucky to go out , IMO .

It looks like Brazil or Germany (the home advantage giving a considerable advantage to the Germans!!:@ ) , as much as I would love England to win this .