• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sportal World Cup Dream Team

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Vorherrschaft has arrived.

It doesn't take much skill to pick a side. I'm actually liking the other one better, this one is just pot luck.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great Birtannia said:
Vorherrschaft has arrived.

It doesn't take much skill to pick a side. I'm actually liking the other one better, this one is just pot luck.
Well, it's more strategy than typical management I'd say.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
im wondering how many people will actually have a lot of the same players...
im thinking Shevchenko, Ballack, Gerrard, Henry will probably be in most people's sides...

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
broncoman said:
im thinking Shevchenko, Ballack, Gerrard, Henry will probably be in most people's sides...
I've only got one of them... how many people have Ronaldinho?

FC Jumbos are in.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Jungle Jumbo said:
I've only got one of them... how many people have Ronaldinho?
There's only one must have player there ;)

I'm thinking of trying a slightly different approach because otherwise you have zero chance of winning. There will be ten thousand people submitting similiar sides and it will just come down to captain. At least in the sportal premier league comp you could use a bit of nous and abuse the value changes and truckload of trades to build a super team. This one just gives you it on a platter.

Simon

ash chaulk said:
lol i had no idea who would be a starting goal keeper except for schwazer
he isnt even a cert now...

ud prolly be looking at Casillias, Van der Saar, Cech, Barthez, Lehmann to name a few...

Simon

Great Birtannia said:
There's only one must have player there ;)

I'm thinking of trying a slightly different approach because otherwise you have zero chance of winning. There will be ten thousand people submitting similiar sides and it will just come down to captain. At least in the sportal premier league comp you could use a bit of nous and abuse the value changes and truckload of trades to build a super team. This one just gives you it on a platter.
yeh im trying to be a bit different, particularly with the strikers, id be willing to bet a lot of money no one has the exact same 3 strikers as i do...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
broncoman said:
yeh im trying to be a bit different, particularly with the strikers, id be willing to bet a lot of money no one has the exact same 3 strikers as i do...
I haven't picked my team yet... :p

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
broncoman said:
well i bet you dont have the same 3 as me then
I reckon mine will go close. I have 3 strikers with a 1 in 2 record for their country but none of their sides are raging favourites for the tournament. Oh and I don't have Shev ;)

Scaly piscine

broncoman said:
I have only one of them as well and it certainly ain't he who is 'nowhere near top drawer'.

Simon

haha seems like we will all try and out smart each other and no one will tae the massive "stars"

Matteh

Scaly piscine said:
I have only one of them as well and it certainly ain't he who is 'nowhere near top drawer'.
Bit harsh....Mourinho obviously sees something pretty good in Ballack

(;))

Scaly piscine

ash chaulk said:
doesnt really matter if everyone picks the same because you can set different formations
Well... all those used to the scoring system will have the same number of players in midfield.