• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Guidelines for BBC commentators

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
To be fair, the average football fan IMO would support a lower league club, coz there's so many more, and there's only 3 or 4 who think they're big clubs...

(Forest, Wednesday, Leeds, QPR, Oldham)

To me the average football fan loves football, and loves their club.

Don't know if I have a point

cpr

International Coach
Hmm, yeah i'm not qualified to comment on the average football fan.

I'm a Manchester United fan, from Manchester

I'm clearly unique ;)

Steulen

International Regular
Pedro Delgado said:
You're not describing any of the "average" football fans that I know, with that statement.
No, he's just ranting about Newcastle. Good job, though.

Cloete

International Captain
cpr said:
From the BBC website:

Match of the Day presenter and former England captain Gary Lineker will host coverage live from Germany accompanied by an A-list of pundits.

Regular studio analyst Alan Hansen will be joined by former England internationals Alan Shearer, Ian Wright and Lee Dixon.

World Cup winners Leonardo (victorious with Brazil in 1994) and Marcel Desailly (France in 1998) join the team, which also features Alan Hansen, Alan Shearer and Gordon Strachan among others.

John Motson and Jonathan Pearce lead the BBC's commentary team while Ray Stubbs and Adrian Chiles will front the highlights shows.

From the Guardian:

ITV Sport has signed up failed England manager candidates Sam Allardyce and Alan Curbishley, along with Christian O'Connell, for its World Cup coverage next month.

Allardyce, Curbishley and Manchester City's Stuart Pearce will form part of ITV's commentating team for the tournament in Germany, which runs from June 9 to July 9.

Virgin Radio breakfast host O'Connell will present the ITV4 World Cup spin-off show, World Cuppa, taking a light-hearted look at the event. He will be joined on World Cuppa by co-presenters Natalie Pinkham, Steve Bunce and Mark Chapman.

In addition to ITV Sport presenters Steve Rider, Jim Rosenthal and Gabby Logan, the broadcaster's Germany 2006 team will feature regular football commentators Clive Tyldesley, Peter Drury and Jon Champion, and pundits Ally McCoist, Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle, Terry Venables and David Pleat.

ITV has also hired Ruud Gullit, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Jay-Jay Okocha, Gareth Southgate and Jim Beglin for the World Cup.

Matt Smith will host a regular highlights programme, while Gabriel Clark is to report from the England base in Baden Baden and Ned Boulting will be on the road filing stories from other World Cup locations around Germany.
:laugh:

I'd stick with the BBC :p

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
GeraintIsMyHero said:
To be fair, the average football fan IMO would support a lower league club, coz there's so many more, and there's only 3 or 4 who think they're big clubs...

(Forest, Wednesday, Leeds, QPR, Oldham)

To me the average football fan loves football, and loves their club.

Don't know if I have a point

Majority of fans support a Premiership club, if you add up attendances for Premiership games it comes up to about the same as if you combine the attendances of the League divisions and Conference. However Premiership clubs sell out more and so if they had unlimited seats at their ground they'd get higher attendances, also Premiership sides attract far more glory hunters from elsewhere in the country who wouldn't attend home games (at least) because it's a long journey from Surrey. A lot of Coca Cola Championship team fans think their side is a big club (sleeping giants crap is churned out so often) so I still reckon thinking their team is a 'big club' covers a lot of average fans.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pedro Delgado said:
Not their fans to be fair, but the club in itself. I'm still pd off at paying £22 to get in there in February.

It's probably just because I watch the lower leagues - but the average fan that I think of always moans about their club, their chairmen, their manager, their central midfielder, Man U, Chelsea and the referee. That to me is an average fan.

The arrogant fans may think their club is a big club - true fans would rather not make this claim, because being the underdog and winning is THE best feeling in Football, or sport in general, or just life in general LOL