• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why England?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
rooney said:
england has too many stars in their squad. gerrard and lampard ferdinand terry will win it for them.
Pretty modest of you Wayne to not mention yourself.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Personally i'll be supporting England then Australia and then Germany.....and unlike Aussie i have justification for all of them.

Craig

World Traveller
You have a parent/relative/friend/brother or sister that lives or was born in Australia and then Germany?

For me I will be supporting Italy in the World Cup since the team I support/follow is from there.

Cloete

International Captain
Craig said:
You have a parent/relative/friend/brother or sister that lives or was born in Australia and then Germany?

For me I will be supporting Italy in the World Cup since the team I support/follow is from there.
after Australia right?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Hayley Westenrah(sp) was on tv this morning talking about how she'll be supporting Britain :duh:

Think she's singing god save the queen before the games or something

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
I like England Football team for a reason...'individual players'

Used to support Argentina in my childhood,also in 98...but then I saw Michael Owen's goal...then because of him I started taking a liking to Liverpool as well...

Now England's got Gerrard (read 'player in God-mode'),Owen,Lampard,Beckham...and others like Rooney,Neville,Terry the ones I am not excited about but are good for the prospects of the team winning...about time they played as a unit and people around the world like them not just as individual players

(Plus another of my favorite sportsman,Tim Henman hails from England!)

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:

Dad was born in Melbourne....and i was born in Germany because he got stationed there. :)

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
BoyBrumby said:
We also share a language & a lot of culture too. There's also the perception that (no offence) but England are a rung or two above the all whites in terms of potential impact on the worls stage , but in the other sports we have in common (Union, League, Cricket) we're serious competitors (or where in Union until about three years ago.... :p).
I'll have you know we beat - no, thrashed - the might of Georgia 3-1 on Sunday, and that was without our two Premiership players too!!! :dry: