Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: You dream world cup final

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    What ever happened to Northern Ireland? Aren't they part of the UK or Great Britian? If so is being planned that Northern Ireland can be given to the folks in Ireland.
    As The Rev Dr Ian Paisley would have it,

"Never, never, never, never!"

We'd (the UK) would be v chuffed to be shot of Ulster, but yer prods in the 6 counties would never wear it.

If the UK does split up (prob will eventually, but long-term) I think you'd see an independent Northern Ireland in the EU.

/derail
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Australia v Brazil for me.

Australia win 5-4 on penalties after everyone scores until Schwarzer saves Ronaldo's penalty. With the Australians then telling them each of their names as they shake his hand after the game.

A few weeks later he's asked if he knows of any Australian players and he says, "The one at Osasuna and the one who saved my penalty in the World Cup Final."
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Don
    PORTUGAL VS T&T portugal to win 3-2 on penalties after a 2 all full time score
    WERE LEAN WERE MEAN WERE THE GREEN MACHINE CW GREEN'S OTHER LHB.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloete
    Australia v Brazil for me.

Australia win 5-4 on penalties after everyone scores until Schwarzer saves Ronaldo's penalty. With the Australians then telling them each of their names as they shake his hand after the game.

A few weeks later he's asked if he knows of any Australian players and he says, "The one at Osasuna and the one who saved my penalty in the World Cup Final."

i like this final the most so far!

International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    yep cloetes final is awesome maybe when the socceroos swap shirts atleast all players will know one of us
    CW Black - The best team in the ComP

Proudly supporting:
    • Wasim Ranamadruta
      Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed
      Ramatunga Downathroata

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    So ash chaulk is the first ever AFL Last Man Standing.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    As The Rev Dr Ian Paisley would have it,

"Never, never, never, never!"

We'd (the UK) would be v chuffed to be shot of Ulster, but yer prods in the 6 counties would never wear it.

If the UK does split up (prob will eventually, but long-term) I think you'd see an independent Northern Ireland in the EU.

/derail
    Think the southern Irish government (not the people mind) are happy not to have the north, purely because its such a political headache, thanks to certain orange clad 'doctors' (i cant actually type his name, not without falling foul of the word filter). Total independance is the only alternative for the north

Anyway, the final

England v Germany:

After knocking over the Italians in the quarters (who's tactic of running away then changing sides hasnt worked since 1944), and making the French surrender in the semis (breaking Scotland v Estonia's record of fastest international match), England lined up to face the old enemy. In a re run of the 1966 final, but this time on German soil. Naturally german fans are expectant, almost arrogant. Naturally English fans show blind loyalty despite the fact half the squad have bird flu (the half dead michael carrick is still prefered to the fully fit standby Phil Neville). Due to gangrene Rooney has had his right leg amputated, so sven puts him on the left wing ahead of joe cole

Only one ref can manage such a match. No, not Uriah Rennie, but Pierre Luigi Collina comes back for one match.

Things start bad for Germany, as a high ball goes between crouch's legs and over the defender stood between them, owen chases the ball into the box, provoking the usual 'How dare you f*****g come within 20 yards of me' reaction from Lehman, who promtly pushes him over and demands Owen booked. Unlike Premiership refs, Collina has a spine, so germany are down to 10 men.

Unfortunatly the first half is bogged down with both sides entrenched in their own half. At one point rooney advanced 6 inches to the delight of the crowd, untill they realised he'd lost balance and fallen over. Sven moves in upfront in the hope he can do it again in the box and win a penalty. Play is held up just before half-time due to floodlight failure. Dozy Crouch wasnt looking where he was going and smashed a bulb.

Early in the second half the sides are evened when Beckham earns a red card and the George Cross for kicking Ballack in the Ballacks.

In the 2nd minute of stoppage time, Sven, seeing a major feat of genius is needed to secure the game, subs Crouch before a corner to replace him with Hargreaves. The german players promptly start laughing at the fact that such a p**s-poor excuse for a footballer is on the pitch they dont notice Gary Neville sneak in at the back post to score the winning goal.

In celebration, the Queen officially declares July 9th National Bushy Tache day. America delcares it Dominance Day to celebrate the day an American single handidly won the World Cup, because the Canadians count as their own when it comes to victories.

So there you have it, 1-0 England in the final, Neville for the winner, get down the bookies. I've seen the future
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Germany Vs Italy if all u want is a boring final

Brazil Vs Argentina if u want to talk about it for next 4 years
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    T&T vs Angola.....
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh
    T&T vs Angola.....
    T&T > Togo....it should be Togo vs Angola.

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    T&T > Togo....it should be Togo vs Angola.
    <Minnow 1> vs <Minnow 2> then

India vs. Pakistan.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    USA vs England. US wins 2-1 and we can forever laugh at your anonying little game . Imagine that, soccer is way down the totem pole in the US and no one really cares..yet we win the WC. Oh man, that would be absolutely awesome.

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    USA vs England. US wins 2-1 and we can forever laugh at your anonying little game . Imagine that, soccer is way down the totem pole in the US and no one really cares..yet we win the WC. Oh man, that would be absolutely awesome.
    Has a foreign team ever actually been in the final of the 'World' Series of baseball?

If you count Canadia as foregin, then probably yes.

Anyway I bet a lot of teams would like to met Poland in the final and come up the goal keeper who made the gaffle of the year against Colombia
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh
    Has a foreign team ever actually been in the final of the 'World' Series of baseball?
    I think the Expos got in a few years ago.

EDIT: Not actually, got to a league championship once and have never been back.

EDIT: The Toronto Blue Jays are the only non-American team to win the World Series.
    Last edited by Jamee999; 31-05-2006 at 01:22 AM.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information