• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time Best Goalkeepers

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Was Zico a goal-keeper?, if he was i think he was good. Also there is this bloke who played for Sweden who is in FIFA 2006..

I rate Buffon very highly & Oliver Khan during the 2000-2003 period was pretty good..

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
In no particular order...

Gordon Banks
Lev Yashin
Dino Zoff
Peter Schmeichel
José Chilavert
Sepp Maier
Jimmy Glass

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Errm Lev Yashin, Gordon Banks, Dino Zoff, Neville Southall. Only saw one play, though.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
René Higuita. Of scorpion kicks and idiotic screwing around in the middle of his own half.
yep. I know he wasnt good
deserves a special mention for his randomness

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
Peter Schmiechal
Oliver Kahn
and of course...... Mark Schwarzer (only becuase he saved two penalties in the qualifier against Uruguay

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Another few decent..

Shilton
Clemence
Rossi
Bert Trautmann for sheer bravery/stupidity
Martin Taylor in his pomp :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shilton's the best I've ever seen in my life - then Yashin, Zoff, Banks about equal.

Les Green was the smallest I'd seen, but he could put pints away and never drop one.

Cloete

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
In no particular order...

Gordon Banks
Lev Yashin
Dino Zoff
Peter Schmeichel
José Chilavert
Sepp Maier
Jimmy Glass
Chilavert's overrated IMO. He really wasn't anything special as a keeper. A solid one at best.