Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 76

Thread: Provisional Dutch Squad Named

  1. #1
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,599

    Provisional Dutch Squad Named

    Netherlands squad:
    Goalkeepers: Edwin van der Sar (Manchester United), Henk Timmer (AZ Alkmaar), Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax Amsterdam), Patrick Lodewijks (Feyenoord)

    Defenders: Khalid Boulahrouz (SV Hamburg), Wilfred Bouma (Aston Villa), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Barcelona), Tim de Cler (AZ Alkmaar), Urby Emanuelson (Ajax Amsterdam), Kew Jaliens (AZ Alkmaar), Jan Kromkamp (Liverpool), Joris Mathijsen (AZ Alkmaar), Andre Ooijer (PSV Eindhoven), Barry Opdam (AZ Alkmaar), Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

    Midfielders: George Boateng (Middlesbrough), Mark van Bommel (Barcelona), Philip Cocu (PSV Eindhoven), Edgar Davids (Tottenham Hotspur), Nigel de Jong (SV Hamburg), Denny Landzaat (AZ Alkmaar), Hedwiges Maduro (Ajax Amsterdam), Wesley Sneijder (Ajax Amsterdam), Rafael van der Vaart (SV Hamburg)

    Strikers: Ryan Babel (Ajax Amsterdam), Romeo Castelen (Feyenoord), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Ajax Amsterdam), Dirk Kuijt (Feyenoord), Martijn Meerdink (AZ Alkmaar), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (Chelsea), Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (PSV Eindhoven)
    --------------------------

    20 of the 33 players are still Dutch based, to me it looks like a pretty solid squad atm and id be interested to see who will get left out, i really hope Huntelaar gets picked cause hes in such good form a guy who can score goals as reguarly as he has been is crucial in a major tournament. i thought Seedorf might of still had a chance of making it, but im not too disapointed, it will also be interesting to see if Davids makes the final team...

  2. #2
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,896
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    20 of the 33 players are still Dutch based, to me it looks like a pretty solid squad atm and id be interested to see who will get left out, i really hope Huntelaar gets picked cause hes in such good form a guy who can score goals as reguarly as he has been is crucial in a major tournament.
    Darren Bent scores goals regularly, but I can't see him being crucial to England's plans.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  3. #3
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    Netherlands squad:
    Goalkeepers: Edwin van der Sar (Manchester United), Henk Timmer (AZ Alkmaar), Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax Amsterdam), Patrick Lodewijks (Feyenoord)

    Defenders: Khalid Boulahrouz (SV Hamburg), Wilfred Bouma (Aston Villa), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Barcelona), Tim de Cler (AZ Alkmaar), Urby Emanuelson (Ajax Amsterdam), Kew Jaliens (AZ Alkmaar), Jan Kromkamp (Liverpool), Joris Mathijsen (AZ Alkmaar), Andre Ooijer (PSV Eindhoven), Barry Opdam (AZ Alkmaar), Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

    Midfielders: George Boateng (Middlesbrough), Mark van Bommel (Barcelona), Philip Cocu (PSV Eindhoven), Edgar Davids (Tottenham Hotspur), Nigel de Jong (SV Hamburg), Denny Landzaat (AZ Alkmaar), Hedwiges Maduro (Ajax Amsterdam), Wesley Sneijder (Ajax Amsterdam), Rafael van der Vaart (SV Hamburg)

    Strikers: Ryan Babel (Ajax Amsterdam), Romeo Castelen (Feyenoord), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Ajax Amsterdam), Dirk Kuijt (Feyenoord), Martijn Meerdink (AZ Alkmaar), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (Chelsea), Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (PSV Eindhoven)
    --------------------------

    20 of the 33 players are still Dutch based, to me it looks like a pretty solid squad atm and id be interested to see who will get left out, i really hope Huntelaar gets picked cause hes in such good form a guy who can score goals as reguarly as he has been is crucial in a major tournament. i thought Seedorf might of still had a chance of making it, but im not too disapointed, it will also be interesting to see if Davids makes the final team...
    Is Roy Makaay injured ?

  4. #4
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    if that not the case, i think its a bit foolish to leave Makaay out. Also thought Seedorf may have had a chance.


  5. #5
    Banned Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,124
    Bring back Bergkamp...

  6. #6
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gone too soon
    Posts
    45,402
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    20 of the 33 players are still Dutch based, to me it looks like a pretty solid squad atm and id be interested to see who will get left out, i really hope Huntelaar gets picked cause hes in such good form a guy who can score goals as reguarly as he has been is crucial in a major tournament. i thought Seedorf might of still had a chance of making it, but im not too disapointed, it will also be interesting to see if Davids makes the final team...
    From what I've heard Seedorf is about as popular among his fellow pros as a French kiss at a family reunion.

    Given Holland's habit of falling out with each other it may not be a bad idea to leave him out this time.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

  7. #7
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasimullah
    Is Roy Makaay injured ?
    hes scored 6 goals in the league in Germany this season, he's simply been left out...

  8. #8
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,599
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Darren Bent scores goals regularly, but I can't see him being crucial to England's plans.
    Huntelaar is a quality player, he obviously wont be picked in front of RVN or Kuijt, but he should be there in the squad somewhere...

  9. #9
    Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    18,574
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    hes scored 6 goals in the league in Germany this season, he's simply been left out...
    Started off well and hasn't done a thing since.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

    R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

  10. #10
    Cricketer Of The Year Kweek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Haarlem, The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,723
    Huntelaar is a bit awesome! scores soo easly!
    all these AZ players selected, I dont see that justified !
    Seedorf shouldnt be in.
    pitty Stam stopped, Davids should play! yes I think he should, although a bit to much of a temprament imo.
    this squad knows what they can do, they seem like they are mates, which teams of the past didnt show most of the time!
    yup I can see us getting somewhere!
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

  11. #11
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Kweek
    Huntelaar is a bit awesome! scores soo easly!
    all these AZ players selected, I dont see that justified !
    Seedorf shouldnt be in.
    pitty Stam stopped, Davids should play! yes I think he should, although a bit to much of a temprament imo.
    this squad knows what they can do, they seem like they are mates, which teams of the past didnt show most of the time!
    yup I can see us getting somewhere!
    i cant see all the AZ players making the squad though, of those named in the 33 i think only de Cler, Opdam and Landzaat will make the WC...
    still on Huntelaar, if he isnt in the squad ill be more than shocked...

  12. #12
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,700
    no real surprises there for me personally, although i would have thought makaay would have been included along with seedorf, but i dont think they will be missed particularly. Slightly surprised to see Davis there though, with concerns over his fitness. Very pleased to see Maduro and Emanuelson called up, if they get a go in the side i would back them to do well.

  13. #13
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,599
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    no real surprises there for me personally, although i would have thought makaay would have been included along with seedorf, but i dont think they will be missed particularly. Slightly surprised to see Davis there though, with concerns over his fitness. Very pleased to see Maduro and Emanuelson called up, if they get a go in the side i would back them to do well.
    Maduro is a certainty imo, from what i know of him i believe hes pretty versatile and a very solid player...

  14. #14
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,700
    yeah thats the general impression i got as well, plays in both defence and midfield, what i have seen of him has unfortunately been pretty limited so i look forward to seeing more of him.

  15. #15
    International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,898
    Is Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink some sort of noble or something. I thought 'de' was 'of' (like in French), eg de Boer. Why does this guy have an English word in the middle of his name. And what do the commentators use - Hesselink?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Australian One Day Squad Named
    By Mister Wright in forum ICC Champions Trophy 2004
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 25-08-2004, 07:42 AM
  2. Kenyan Squad Named
    By delkap in forum ICC Champions Trophy 2004
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 23-08-2004, 05:23 AM
  3. England squad named
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 24-02-2004, 01:11 PM
  4. India squad named for Australia
    By Salamuddin in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 17-11-2003, 03:06 PM
  5. Thirty probables named in squad for the World Cup
    By Gotchya in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-12-2002, 02:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •