• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Provisional Dutch Squad Named

Craig

World Traveller
TT Boy said:
van der Vaart season has been pretty much injured hit and his lack of pace is alarming for a kid so young, technically fantastic but no strength or no pace. It was no real surprise to see him go to Germany his development has been pretty much hampered with injuries and poor temperament.

Speaking of van der Vaart, this is probably the best thing he has done this season...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE2pQvAjCVQ&search=van der Vaart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipf8HY7nRoE&search=van der Vaart
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously was van der Vaart drunk?

Craig

World Traveller
TT Boy said:
Don't you mean Cristiano Lucarelli? Thomas Locatelli plays for Siena. Also I would be surprised if Lucarelli left Livorno, the guy is a life long Livorno fan and a hardcore communist, that he be allowed by FC Bayern to lift his shirt up and show pictures of Lenin and co.
Turns out he will be running out for the Blue half of the Guiseppe Meazza next season or at least he wants to and Mancio wants him so it will depend if Moratti wants him.

He must be good - they are signing a European player, let alone an Italian one instead a Argentinian or a Brazilian striker...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Turns out he will be running out for the Blue half of the Guiseppe Meazza next season or at least he wants to and Mancio wants him so it will depend if Moratti wants him.

He must be good - they are signing a European player, let alone an Italian one instead a Argentinian or a Brazilian striker...
Moratti is the one who wants Cristiano...

Cristiano Lucarelli- "Last summer, I met Massimo Moratti at a restaurant in Versilia.

"The patron of Inter made this incredible admission to me: 'I want you to come to Inter'.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/april/italnews1190406.html

Craig

World Traveller
Then he will probably join. The following transfer stuff I've heard about Inter and it's players are:

- Adriano going to Real Madrid and II Fenomeno (Ronaldo) and Antonio Cassano in return - brilliant (not)!

- David Sauzo to join Inter

- David Pizarro is off to Roma

- Santiago Solari going back to Spain and to join former club Alteico (sp) de Madrid

- Oliver Dacourt to join Inter on a Bosman

- Fabio Grosso to leave Palermo to join Inter

- Sinisia Mihajlovic is apparently retiring (I never supported his transfer anyway)

- One-time Toffee Marco Materazzi is apparently leaving

- Guiseppe Favalli is joining Milan on a free, despite the fact he is 34

- Cristiano Zanetti is rejoining former coach Fabio Capello at Juventus

- Moretti and Daniele Bonera are supposly joining

- Sebastian Frey is making a return to the San Siro according to the press

- Thierry Henry coming to Inter with Oba Martins used in a part-exchange

- Maicon and Maxwell have already been signed apparently

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
and how did the Dutch thread turn into the Italian thread so quickly?! :p

Craig

World Traveller
I don't know.

Cricketweb at it's finest I guess?

Speaking of Holland isn't there a guy from Ghania (can't remember who he play's for) wanting to qualify for Holland so he can to the World Cup with Holland? I can't remember his name ATM but I know he failed a Dutch Language and Knowledge test.

Simon

Craig said:
I don't know.

Cricketweb at it's finest I guess?

Speaking of Holland isn't there a guy from Ghania (can't remember who he play's for) wanting to qualify for Holland so he can to the World Cup with Holland? I can't remember his name ATM but I know he failed a Dutch Language and Knowledge test.
could be Matthew Amoah, he plays for NAC, sounds like something he'd do...

Steulen

International Regular
Nope, It's Salomon Kalou from Feyenoord and Ivory Coast. He said he wanted to play in the WC, and Holland coach Marco van Basten promised to take him if eligible. To be eligible, the naturalisation process needed to be sped up, but The Dutch Minister for Immigration refused this saying she didn't want to favour someone just because he happens to be a famous footballer. She also had doubts whether he truly wished to become a Dutchman or just wanted to play the WC before moving to Spain, Italy or England.

If he had made it into the squad he might have played against his brother Bonaventura, who plays for the Ivory Coast.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nope, it's Kalou.

He's not been there the requisite amount of time, has failed the tests but still thinks he should get the citizenship.

His brother is captaining the Ivory Coast, and they've invited him to play for them, but he's said no.

Simon

Steulen said:
Nope, It's Salomon Kalou from Feyenoord and Ivory Coast. He said he wanted to play in the WC, and Holland coach Marco van Basten promised to take him if eligible. To be eligible, the naturalisation process needed to be sped up, but The Dutch Minister for Immigration refused this saying she didn't want to favour someone just because he happens to be a famous footballer. She also had doubts whether he truly wished to become a Dutchman or just wanted to play the WC before moving to Spain, Italy or England.

If he had made it into the squad he might have played against his brother Bonaventura, who plays for the Ivory Coast.
oh ok, the Ghana bit Craig mentioned threw me off a bit, i remember reading something about him ages ago, didnt PSV try to buy him from Feyenoord last off season, but we ended up with Kone instead?

Steulen

International Regular
broncoman said:
oh ok, the Ghana bit Craig mentioned threw me off a bit, i remember reading something about him ages ago, didnt PSV try to buy him from Feyenoord last off season, but we ended up with Kone instead?
Yeah, that's right, PSV (my team also, I'm originally from near Eindhoven) wanted Kalou and Kalou wanted to go to PSV but Feyenoord didn't want to sell him to one of their main rivals (somehow Feyenoord still think they're a title-winning candidate :lol: )

Simon

haha awesome, 2 PSV fans on CW then :)
unfortunately i dont get to see them very often, just the odd game on ESPN and then the European matches, so it can be hard to form opinions from that...

Steulen

International Regular
Some news on the Dutch squad. Marco van Basten gave a TV interview yesterday and said that Edgar Davids, Wilfred Bouma, Martijn Meerdink, Patrick Lodewijks, Urby Emanuelson and Ron Vlaar will not go to the World Cup, barring any unfortunateness involving other players.

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink was named as a certainty, playing the crowbar role if needed. It looks like young Ajax striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar will be named as well. John Heitinga (Ajax defender) has been added to the provisional squad.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty logical decisions by van Basten, Bouma has been awful when on show for Aston Villa and Edgar Davids even with his impressive form for Spurs, can not sustain the pace of a World Cup tournament, he struggles to do 90 minutes for Spurs a week. Also the question marks will always remain about his affect over a team, undoubtedly Davids been a positive presence in the Spurs team but for Holland his been nothing more than a disruptive influence in past tournaments.

Simon

Steulen said:
Some news on the Dutch squad. Marco van Basten gave a TV interview yesterday and said that Edgar Davids, Wilfred Bouma, Martijn Meerdink, Patrick Lodewijks, Urby Emanuelson and Ron Vlaar will not go to the World Cup, barring any unfortunateness involving other players.

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink was named as a certainty, playing the crowbar role if needed. It looks like young Ajax striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar will be named as well. John Heitinga (Ajax defender) has been added to the provisional squad.
any doubts on Huntelaar were put to rest in the cup final on Sunday, two goals in a pressure match showed he can step up, im happy Jan will make the side, hes a very good player, while you wouldnt call him a prolific striker hes got a lot of qualities to help the dutch...

Craig

World Traveller
What is Simon or even Steulen think of Ronald Koeman becoming the new manager of PSV? Given he used to be in charge of Ajax, would it go down well amonst with PSV or even Ajax fans since there would be a big rivalary between the two teams?