• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

32 Interviews in 56 days

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That's a really excellent idea Pratyush. Best of luck. :)

As a side note I find it interesting to see the utter dominance of American English among non-native speakers from outside of the sub-continent; very few people in England would use a phrase like "offensively orientated". We'd say attack-minded or just attacking.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Thanks dude.

As a side note I find it interesting to see the utter dominance of American English among non-native speakers from outside of the sub-continent; very few people in England would use a phrase like "offensively orientated". We'd say attack-minded or just attacking.

I have never thought regarding this. The Europeans I have interacted with say English is not a very popular language speaking wise in Europe. It surprised me when I came to know this the first time about 5 years ago.

Intriguing to know that the English we know of in the subcontinent isn't spoken even in countries where English is spoken.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
America's fault, butchering the English language and taking out u's for the fun of it

Cloete

International Captain
I love Benjami's answer to this one question :D

Which team do you most want to beat?

England in the round of the last 16 on penalties, Netherlands in the final 1:0 on a disputed penalty.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cloete said:
I love Benjami's answer to this one question :D

Which team do you most want to beat?

England in the round of the last 16 on penalties, Netherlands in the final 1:0 on a disputed penalty.
If that happened grown men would weep openly in the streets over here. :cry: :p

Hopefully it won't happen tho, I'm hoping for Poland in the last 16.

Cloete

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
If that happened grown men would weep openly in the streets over here. :cry: :p

Hopefully it won't happen tho, I'm hoping for Poland in the last 16.
AFAIC if you draw the Germans you're out and if one of your matches goes to penalties you're out. :p

Come to think of it, wasn't there a song about something like that for the last WC?

Cloete

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Good luck finding fans from Ecuador, Ivory Coast, S&M, Angola and the like!
Ivory Coast wouldn't be that difficult. There's bound to be an expat in France who wants to do it.

Cloete

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Rather that than being out in the Group stages :p
Yeah, I pity those Croations and Japanese! :ph34r:

But seriously 56 days is too long to wait. It's brilliant though becuase we'll be about mid-way through the fooball season over here when it happens. Got my first match of the season Monday, can't wait. :happy:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
56 days is too short from my point of view, but that's because my finals start on the Monday after the World Cup starts!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Good luck finding fans from Ecuador, Ivory Coast, S&M, Angola and the like!
Would be tough finding the rarer countries but the internet is huge. Hope to get there by the end. :)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
Would be tough finding the rarer countries but the internet is huge. Hope to get there by the end. :)
It's not very well documented but the Dela Cruz line originated in Portoviejo, Ecuador.