• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the PORTUGAL thread

Don

State Vice-Captain
im surprised that this wasnt created before.are there no portugal fans here.

wat do u think are the chances of portugal actually doing well this time around

Craig

World Traveller
As they long as they continue to have Mr MIA Diving Softee (Deco) then I will have to cheer on the team they are playing against.

If there isn't a player who goes down quicker then him (maybe Robben) then I would like to know who.

Wasimullah

Cricket Spectator
Craig said:
As they long as they continue to have Mr MIA Diving Softee (Deco) then I will have to cheer on the team they are playing against.

If there isn't a player who goes down quicker then him (maybe Robben) then I would like to know who.

If Ariel Ortega was still around he could have given him a run for his money :)

Cloete

International Captain
Wasimullah said:
If Ariel Ortega was still around he could have given him a run for his money :)
He is still around. He's playing for Newell's Old Boys. Most of the Argentinian league contains divers anyway.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
regardless of decos diving, although perhaps overated hes a player with plenty of ability imo.

Don

State Vice-Captain
yes deco dives but if they play well this time around what do u guys think are their chancees

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
can progress to the knockout rounds, where its likely they will meet argentina in the last 16, i wouldnt have thought they would get much further than that, but if they play well than who knows..

Craig

World Traveller
I'll be interested how Pauleta goes.

For a guy who scores a lot of goals I'm surprised he still plays in France and not in Spain as I'm sure he would have plenty of offers from there.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
i think pauleta is pretty overated tbh, his perfomances at the very top level have left alot to be desired which is probably why he hasnt moved to a bigger side.