• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

a quote from agemaster

nibbs

International Captain
haha so you slag off Australia for going up against tougher opponents and leaving NZ to dominate Oceania like Australia has recently
by skipping the south america bit, australia are clearly taking on weaker opponents.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
No, but you weren't playing in the South American qualifying.
OMG, how many times are we gonna go through this, we know you think Aus shouldnt be playing in Asia, fact is we are, get over it and worry about England...

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:
OMG, how many times are we gonna go through this, we know you think Aus shouldnt be playing in Asia, fact is we are, get over it and worry about England...
And your post count while your at it:ph34r:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
nibbs said:
by skipping the south america bit, australia are clearly taking on weaker opponents.

meh, beat the South American team this time anyway

Australia playing in Oceania was a complete waste of time, i remember seeing heaps or double figure score cards with a second string team.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
TBF to the Aussie FA their main remit is to promote Australian football & I think, in those narrow terms, it's a good move for them.

Aside from the potentially easier qualifying route to the next WC they'll also (presumably) get to play in the Asian Nations tournament & the Asian Champions League.

Playing Japan in front of 80,000 passionate fans has got to be more appealing than dicking American Samoa 34-0 (or whatever it was).

nibbs

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
TBF to the Aussie FA their main remit is to promote Australian football & I think, in those narrow terms, it's a good move for them.

Aside from the potentially easier qualifying route to the next WC they'll also (presumably) get to play in the Asian Nations tournament & the Asian Champions League.

Playing Japan in front of 80,000 passionate fans has got to be more appealing than dicking American Samoa 34-0 (or whatever it was).
i dear say, boy brumby, if they were able to qualify for the world cup on the more consistent basis, i doubt they would have made the move, to a confederation, that they clearly don't belong to.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Good move by Australia. Oceania is a waste of time - particularly so after we got beaten by Vanuatu... :(

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
why do you care nibbs, if nz had a choice im sure they would move to asia too.
Why on earth can't they merge the two? Asia take care of awful footballing nations like Sri Lanka *ducks* and Maldives, surely a few more Oceanian nations who can be taken care of in a two-legged play-off can't hurt?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Why on earth can't they merge the two? Asia take care of awful footballing nations like Sri Lanka *ducks* and Maldives, surely a few more Oceanian nations who can be taken care of in a two-legged play-off can't hurt?
Sri Lanka is ten times better then most Pacific Nations.

But i agree they should all merge, but all political, the only thing NZ and the rest offer is an extra 11 votes.

nibbs

International Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
what should happen is that whoever wins the oceanian section should just then go into the final stages of the asian qualifier. thats my opinion. having said, i don't understand how fifa can justify keeping oceania. we really should just merge with asia, as hak just said.