• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ to play Brazil

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ will play Brazil in Geneva as a warm-up to the World Cup.
10-nil to Brazil anyone?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Considering we've got more players playing in the upper European leagues, it'll be ok. If we end up fielding the majority of the side with NZ Knights players, then it could get ugly.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think you'll go ok, maybe hold them to 3 or 4. As it's being held in Geneva I'd imagine your foreign based players will be playing.

cometer

State Regular
I seriously would doubt it to go 10 - 0, i'd say 3 or 4 to 0 as well because it's just a friendly and brazil will most likely go easy once they are infront.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
HK got beat 7-1 and UAE 7-0 so i doubt it will be 10 nil even if NZ don't have all their European players.

Craig

World Traveller
Brazil will use it as a chance to give the other squad members a go (ie guys like Diego, or Junniho if picked) I would imagine.

Although I would find it funny if Ronaldinho did play and did suffer a pretty serious injury by a New Zealand defender who wants to be remembered for forcing The World's Greatest Player off on the medicab. More so the backlash in Brazil that would happen for playing a meaningless game.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
the only capped New Zealand footballer i can think of is Shane Smeltz....and he played for us (mansfield) before going on to the mighty AFC Wimbledon....

Blaze

Banned
Matteh said:
the only capped New Zealand footballer i can think of is Shane Smeltz....and he played for us (mansfield) before going on to the mighty AFC Wimbledon....

Ryan Nelson plays for Blackburn. Simon Elliot plays for Fulham.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Alot of NZ players are in the mid to lower leagues in England. Our only other player in a decent team is Ivan Vicelich and he's been playing for Roda JC for around 3 or 4 seasons now.