Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: People without teams

People without teams

New Zealand will never make a world cup in my life time which means I have to choose other teams to support.

The Netherlands have always been the team I support so I will be backing them again along with Australia. I never thought I would see the day where I supported Australia in a sporting event but they are generally useless at football and I would love to see them do well and put football in this part of the world on the map.

Oh and anyone who is playing England!

Who is everyone else supporting that doesn't have a country in the world cup or as a second team and who do you want to see crash out?

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    New Zealand will never make a world cup in my life time which means I have to choose other teams to support.

The Netherlands have always been the team I support so I will be backing them again along with Australia. I never thought I would see the day where I supported Australia in a sporting event but they are generally useless at football and I would love to see them do well and put football in this part of the world on the map.

Who is everyone else supporting that doesn't have a country in the world cup or as a second team and who do you want to see crash out?
    If Togo can qualify for a World Cup, New Zealand can.

cpr
    especially next time, as australia will be in the asian qualifiers, meaning you've a fair change at qualifying as far as the ritual humping by Peru
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    If Togo can qualify for a World Cup, New Zealand can.
    If you saw our team play, you wouldn't say that mate

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze

It is actually possible (though still very unlikely) that we could fluke our way to the World Cup now that Australia are gone.

However, for that to happen we would need the entire Uruguay/other South American team (including reserves) to break down before the playoff though. Maybe food poisoning?

We'd also need to actually play some games beforehand to get the team together and to figure out which combination of plonkers works the best, because the current trend of one game every 3 years or so is hopeless. Of course, that has its own problems because its next to impossible to get guys like Nelsen and Vicelich released from their club teams and so we inevitably end up with a team of NZ Knights players getting beaten by Vanuatu.

I was actually slightly optimistic about the All Whites a couple of years ago after we beat Australia and drew with Scotland - until we got hammered in the Confederations Cup. We have had two massive problems for almost my entire lifetime -

1) Our defence is prone to letting in last-minute goals
    and
    2) We have nobody at all that can convert even straightforward goalscoring chances. Our only method of scoring seems to be from set pieces when we can crowd the box and sneak a header or just bundle the ball in.

If we can sort out one of those problems then there is always the possibility that we could sneak a win over a South American team.

As for this World Cup, I'm not sure who I'll be supporting yet. In some ways I want to see Australia get smashed yet in other ways I want to see them do well
    He’s thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

- Gareth Keenan from "The Office"

*****Winner***** of the 2006 FIFA World Cup predictions thread...see you in four years' time?

International Vice-Captain 33/3from3.3's Avatar
    Go England
    Maria - Due December

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    "So this is what it feels like to be on top of a batsmen".
    RIP Fardin Qayummi - 15th April 2006

Quote Originally Posted by 33/3from3.3
    Go England
    booooo!!!!

all you kiwis need is Hiddink on your side, let me see... done wonders for South Korea and Australia, give him email and see what he can do with your team....
    Leeds United will make it back to the Premier League
    "You tried and you failed miserably. Lesson here is never try"

Quote Originally Posted by The Foxtrot
    booooo!!!!

all you kiwis need is Hiddink on your side, let me see... done wonders for South Korea and Australia, give him email and see what he can do with your team....
    im not a Kiwi
    im a POM who moved to NZland

Quote Originally Posted by 33/3from3.3
    im not a Kiwi
    im a POM who moved to NZland
    how stupid is that!
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    What are Aussies doing after Round 1?
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Pinball Champion!
    I don't think South Africa will be in their own world cup (unless they get in by default) , highly highly embaressing in a proud sporting nation, but they are an embaressment, so I'll stick with England.. Best league in the world too..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    I don't think South Africa will be in their own world cup (unless they get in by default) , highly highly embaressing in a proud sporting nation, but they are an embaressment, so I'll stick with England.. Best league in the world too..
    Yes, they do get in by default. Only way NZ will make a World Cup, don't see them beating the 5th place Sth American team anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Redman
    Of course, that has its own problems because its next to impossible to get guys like Nelsen and Vicelich released from their club teams and so we inevitably end up with a team of NZ Knights players getting beaten by Vanuatu.
    Um if it is the alloted FIFA dates, then they have to or they can't play for their clubs in their next game/s (only applies if they are friendlies, but if they are competitive matches then they have no choice).

For me I guess I would have to be backing Italy and seeing someway they will implode and start up a national consipracy.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by kwek
    how stupid is that!
    how is it stupid

First Class Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    What are Aussies doing after Round 1?
    Beating the Italians....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information