• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

People without teams

TIF

U19 Debutant
Although my favourite football team is India, but then India are not playing in this world cup and also India does not have any chance to make it into the next football World cup as well. Maybe with the youngsters coming up, we might have a chance for the 2014 and beyond world cups, but then lets not get into discussion for that. Football is even more unpredicatable than Cricket as a sport.

In the absence of an Indian team at competitive football, by favourite team in football has been Brazil and I will be with them in this world cup.

Cloete

International Captain
ash chaulk said:
i heard aus wants to host 2018 WC maybe nz could joint bid and make it that way lol
FIFA has already ruled that out, as we'd be in different confederacies.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
I think you mean 'serving a drink for the poms' - as usual.
We'll also provide the buckets and mop away the evidence of any excess consumption (let's face it, this is a given!).

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
Why would anyone want to do that? :p
They're fans of Mel Gibson?

...I dunno, but I guess that I'll have to support the country of my birth.

Resha

School Boy/Girl Captain
India are just....pretty bad at footy. What can I say? They love cricket too much to spare time for footy! :p But I love football, so it hurts me, but...I guess I'll just go with South Korea and France. France because I do be a die-hard arsenal fan so it makes sense, and SK because I'd like to support one asian team in there.

Hiddink really is a great coach, he works wonders.

Last edited:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Been supporting Poland and Brazil for a while, but now that the aussies have made it.. i would have to support them aswell...

Steulen

International Regular
With the refreshing Van Basten at the helm, I'm actually considering supporting my own country this time.

Other than that, I hope Argentina do well (because of excellent average hair length), at least one of the African nations goes a long way, and Australia beat Brasil (because that would conclusively prove Guus Hiddink is the master of the universe)..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Brazil for me. Always been a fan of the style of football they play.

This time they look awesome as well. A Brazil vs Argentina final would rock. I saw the two clash last year in supposedly a friendly (people said its a friendly so no big deal). Well its never friendly when the two play each other as evident by the rough fouls, tackes.

A part of me will also be behind Holland and T and T.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Steulen said:
With the refreshing Van Basten at the helm, I'm actually considering supporting my own country this time.

Other than that, I hope Argentina do well (because of excellent average hair length), at least one of the African nations goes a long way, and Australia beat Brasil (because that would conclusively prove Guus Hiddink is the master of the universe)..
got to love yer fellow dutchies, dont you ? haha

Steulen

International Regular
Samuel_Vimes said:
*kicks thread alive*

I'm going for Costa Rica.

Reason? They have a Bodø/Glimt player in their squad. :)
Is that the only Norway-based player in the WC?

No Rosenborg Swede or anything? Or are Norwegians just incapable of supporting Sweden?

nibbs

International Captain
Blaze said:
New Zealand will never make a world cup in my life time which means I have to choose other teams to support.
if fifa could think logically, oceania would become a sub-group of asia, whereby the winner of oceania would go into the final stage of asian qualifying...makes perfect sence really. nz would make world cups from time to time i think...

nibbs

International Captain
Steulen said:

No Rosenborg Swede or anything? Or are Norwegians just incapable of supporting Sweden?
i can understand where hakon is coming from tbh...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Steulen said:

He doesn't support Rosenborg, though.