• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Trivia Thread - SJS Format

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm hoping there's enough footy nerds to keep this going, but I thought flexing that grey-matter might a vaguely interesting way to waste a bit of time. I know loadsa Off Topic trivia threads have fallen on their backsides, but it's the World Cup, people! Get involved!! :D

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the SJS format from CC, but briefly a questioner asks a question (durr...) & then other posters ask up to 20 questions that can be answered "yes" or "no" to ascertain the answer. Traditionally the questioner gives a clue after 10 questions & then at his or her discretion thereafter.

As I'm starting the thread it seems only fair that I go first. I'll make the first q fairly easy to get the ball rolling. Here's my question -

A native of Marrakech, I hold a World Cup record that is unlikely to be beaten. Who am I?

Agent TBY

International Captain
Easy one.

A one-club man, I've managed a country in its first ever World Cup appearance. I am also a World Cup winner. Who am I?

Agent TBY

International Captain
Q4) Neither
Q5) No

Maybe I should edit out the "Easy one" part of my post from earlier. You guys are finding it tougher than it should be. :p

Considering the two posters asking the questions, it ought to be even easier!