• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Trivia Thread - SJS Format

cpr

International Coach
Doubt it Eddie, unless it was a big No 1 outside the UK (so that slightly narrows down the teams involved.... slightly :P)

Ok, clue time.

As been established, i'm a keeper, and it happened on the pitch during a match. However i was still in the wrong place, and at the wrong time, though i'm sure a fraction of a second would've made a difference to that one.

Come on, i know its a hard one, but thats what googles for when you get stuck :P (just dont tell anyone!)

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Q7 (BoyBrumby) Yes it did

Craig: No. Can see what your thinking there, so a good guess.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
The Columbian reference was what I was getting at - when Higuita was miles outside his area and Roger Milla stole the ball off him (Roger Miller recorded 'England Swings'). If I was right and you had 'got' the Miller reference, the next guess would have been to do with scorpions.

cpr

International Coach
Q8 (BoyBrumby) No, i'm not

So that rules out eddie's thinking n all (didnt get your reference there, sorry, i'm too simple for that. That and it had nothing to do with roger milla so wasnt looking for it :P Though i did try and look it up to see who sung it)

cpr

International Coach
Correct :)

Only goalkeeper who's managed to get booked whilst in the opponents half of the pitch (hence the wrong place bit in the question)!!!!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ok, here's mine.

I'm the only player to have achieved this feat, although two current players could match me in Germany. Who am I & what was my achievement?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
cpr said:
Correct :)

Only goalkeeper who's managed to get booked whilst in the opponents half of the pitch (hence the wrong place bit in the question)!!!!
He was my next guess. Unfortunately, I was too busy coming up with the inappropriate smiley to end ALL inappropriate smileys.

cpr

International Coach
And to be fair, you did a very admirable job!

Anyway, to the question

1) Are you European?
2) Is your feat to do with scoring goals?

Craig

World Traveller
Wild guess Maradonna and goals in a semi-final?

Otherwise I have no idea at this stage.