• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Trivia Thread - SJS Format

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ok, here's one with a cricketing theme:

I was an unused member of my adopted country's World Cup squad, but had also faced the touring Australian cricket team the previous year. Who am I?

cpr

International Coach
At a guess i'd go for Andy Goram, He's English, Scottish international keeper, who used to play cricket aswell (remember reading once that rangers were scared he'd injure his hand playing cricket and tried to stop him).... guessing he was unused sub behind Leighton in 1990, and played for Scotland the year before, long before anyone up there cared about cricket :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
cpr said:
At a guess i'd go for Andy Goram, He's English, Scottish international keeper, who used to play cricket aswell (remember reading once that rangers were scared he'd injure his hand playing cricket and tried to stop him).... guessing he was unused sub behind Leighton in 1990, and played for Scotland the year before, long before anyone up there cared about cricket :)
Goram's big match

cpr

International Coach
0/30 and 4.... wow he was a good a cricketer as he was a goalie for us (ok by the time we signed him he had no teeth and was incredibly fat..... but then he was better than bosnich or tiabi....)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
cpr said:
Yep, spot on. :)

cpr

International Coach
Right, lets have a toughie now :)

I'm a keeper who holds a unique achievement of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Who am i and what have i done

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hmm. Tricky. Which is good! :D

When you were in the "wrong place at the wrong time" were you on a football pitch?

cpr

International Coach
Q4) No, at a full world cup match

This ones gonna be a right toughie..... i'm evil :)

cpr

International Coach
Q5) Yes (well if by that you mean South America in general... if you didnt, well theres a clue!)

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Q6) No (thought i'd given that one away by saying south america in the last question, that counts as central america :P)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Did the incident also involve a player whose name sounded as though he ought to be singing about 'Bobbies on Bicycles'?