• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Trivia Thread - SJS Format

Cloete

International Captain
It is the only time in history a host has needed to play qualification games. Would have been interesting if they didn't qualify actually.

Cloete

International Captain
ok easy one.

Which team holds the record for the most draws in a row at the World Cup Finals?

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
are the ties to the end of regualtion time or did they finsh up as shootouts (as in the game was lost or won in extra time)

Cloete

International Captain
The Foxtrot said:
are the ties to the end of regualtion time or did they finsh up as shootouts (as in the game was lost or won in extra time)
Regulation time

cometer

State Regular
:)

They drew 3 in 98 and 2 in 02 so i decided to take a guess.

Anyways, time for the next question.

What is the highest amount of goals in a single match in the world cup and who was it between?

Cloete

International Captain
12 goals between Austria and Switzerland in '54. The Austrians ran out 7-5 winners.

Don't make them too hard though dave 8-)

Cloete

International Captain
Here's an interesting one.

Which country hold's the record for the oldest average age of a starting line-up in a single match at the World Cup Finals, who were they playing against and what was their average age (To the year is fine)?

Craig

World Traveller
If nobody is going to ask a question?

Who did Uruguay beat in the Semi Final of the 1930 WC and who was it against?

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Craig said:
If nobody is going to ask a question?

Who did Uruguay beat in the Semi Final of the 1930 WC and who was it against?
It would be very easy to "Google" it & cheat, but I know it's one of two. The Argies & U-r-gay both won their semis 6-1 & the losing semi-finalists were The US & Yugoslavia. Trouble is I can't think who played who....

<heads>

USA?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
It would be very easy to "Google" it & cheat, but I know it's one of two. The Argies & U-r-gay both won their semis 6-1 & the losing semi-finalists were The US & Yugoslavia. Trouble is I can't think who played who....

<heads>

USA?
Dammit Dale, you get there before me every single time!!! :p

I think it was USA, too. Although I wouldn't have known the other semi-finalist.