• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Trivia Thread - SJS Format

BoyBrumby

Englishman
cpr said:
Well both Ronaldo and Zidane have both scored 2 in a final before, but no-one's scored 2 in 2 different finals as far as i can see (Pele and Valva have done it once, and scored in another final, so its not that unique)
You're pretty much there. I was after Vava for scoring in his country's successive wins (58 & 62). Pele missed the '62 final so couldn't score in Brazil's victory. Although Zidane can't score in successive finals, if France win it & he scores it will be France's next win. If that makes sense! :D

Your go.

cpr

International Coach
Bah i feel dirty, i missed the obvious of successive finals. Kinda reading too much into it eh!

hmmm, did have a great question, but cant use it as its too close to another already asked

So here goes

I hold a record i'm not very proud of. It'd be wrong for anyone to try and break my record. Who am i and what is my record?

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Uruguay's Jose Batista?

Lived up to the "dirty South American" stereotype by being sent off in the first minute v yer Jocks in '86. Yer Jocks then rather sportingly lived up to their "being crap" stereotype by not being able to score against ten men in the subsequent 89 minutes... :D

cpr

International Coach
When put as beautifully as that, how could it be wrong :)

Your go (again! :P)

Cloete

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
Yay! :D

Ok: What is the unique distinction of the match in which Italy defeated Greece 4-0 on 25/3/1934?
Well I thought this was a World Cup trivia thread. Greece's first ever WC game was at USA '94. So I don't think it's a valid question :p

It's probably got something to do with what I've said though...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cloete said:
Well I thought this was a World Cup trivia thread. Greece's first ever WC game was at USA '94. So I don't think it's a valid question :p

It's probably got something to do with what I've said though...
It was a World Cup game; not one in the finals tournament tho (clue, clue). :p

cometer

State Regular
it wasn't something to do with the fact that it was the first time that a manager had been coach of one national team on 2 seperate occasions during WCQ was it?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cloete said:
the first ever World Cup Qualification game?
No.

cometer said:
it wasn't something to do with the fact that it was the first time that a manager had been coach of one national team on 2 seperate occasions during WCQ was it?
No. Far simpler than that.