• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Trivia Thread - SJS Format

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I made a telling contribution to a World Cup final & had my nation's national stadium named after me. Who am I?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
marc71178 said:
The "Russian" linesman Bakharov?
Yeah! You git, I thought that would be trickier than that.

Real name Tofik Bakhramov & he's actually Azerbaijani, picture of his main beneficiary next to his stature here:

Your go. :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Meh. He's had his 24 hours. I dunno, 40,000+ posts & can't be bothered to ask one little question. For shame....

I'll ask another:

I'm the only player to have this World Cup achievement, although two current greats could equal me in 2006. Who am I & what is the achievement?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
Meh. He's had his 24 hours. I dunno, 40,000+ posts & can't be bothered to ask one little question. For shame....

I'll ask another:

I'm the only player to have this World Cup achievement, although two current greats could equal me in 2006. Who am I & what is the achievement?
Pele and winning three World Cups (with Cafu and Ronaldo being the ones who can equal him).

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Barney Rubble said:
Pele and winning three World Cups (with Cafu and Ronaldo being the ones who can equal him).
That would work too, yes, but it's not the one I had in mind. Although you have named one of the players who can equal it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tom Halsey said:
Guessing it's a final appearance record or something similar, but I can't be bothered to research it.
I can't really answer that yes or no, Thomas. :p

Although the achievement isn't connected with final appearances as such you would have to appear in a final to equal it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No one? :unsure:

Ok, first clue: the two players who can equal my achievement in Germany are Ronaldo & Zinedine Zidane.

Cloete

International Captain
Is it anything to do with the world footballer of the year award or missing a world cup final?

cpr

International Coach
Paul Breitner - Scored in a final when on the winning side, and when on the losing side?

cpr

International Coach
Well both Ronaldo and Zidane have both scored 2 in a final before, but no-one's scored 2 in 2 different finals as far as i can see (Pele and Valva have done it once, and scored in another final, so its not that unique)