• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Trivia Thread - SJS Format

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Oleg Salenko scoring five (in one game) for Russia in 94, did little else in his international and club football career.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Ok, I went to three World Cups but played for two different countries, neither one of them was my place of birth, who am I?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Robert Prosinecki (sp?)? Played in 90 for Yugoslavia & for Croatia in 98 & 02. Think he's German-born tho.
Short and sweet, got in one. Over to you.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cool. Ok:

Perennial fans-favourite Owen Hargreaves is famously Canadian by birth, but England's most successful squad in an overseas tournament contained 3 such "foreigners". Who are they & which countries did they hail from?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tony Dorigo - Australia (not sure if he played at Italia 90 but he was in the squad early 90s)
John Barnes - Jamaica

Can't think of a third

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've even cheated and looked at the squad and still don't know who the thrid is. Was it Chris Woods?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Tony Dorigo - Australia (not sure if he played at Italia 90 but he was in the squad early 90s)
John Barnes - Jamaica

Can't think of a third
Two right. One more to get. :)

GeraintIsMyHero said:
I've even cheated and looked at the squad and still don't know who the thrid is. Was it Chris Woods?
No.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
My Dad was fortunate to play and score in two World Cup finals, hopefully I will be able achieve such a feat though South Africa 2010 seems more likely (in regard to playing in two World Cups), who am I?

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
TT Boy said:
My Dad was fortunate to play and score in two World Cup finals, hopefully I will be able achieve such a feat though South Africa 2010 seems more likely, who am I?

When you say "World Cup finals" do you mean actual finals or finals tournaments?

Just for clarification. :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
TT Boy said:
My Dad was fortunate to play and score in two World Cup finals, hopefully I will be able achieve such a feat though South Africa 2010 seems more likely, who am I?
Paolo Maldini's son? I don't know his name, only that he is in the AC Milan youth system. And I also have a suspicion Maldini played in three World Cups, and probably didn't score. Oh well. :D