• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Trivia Thread - SJS Format

Agent TBY

International Captain
Q9) Lol.

I hold a distinction involving multiple World Cup finals. Was a capable member for the Nerazzuri during my stay there. Who am I, and what is this distinction that I hold?

cpr

International Coach
I'll put you's out of your misery, only didnt answer because i cant be bothered thinking of a question

Only person to captain 2 losing finalists (82 and 86)

If i'm right first one in can ask a question for me, my brain is too fried to think of any :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
cpr said:
I'll put you's out of your misery, only didnt answer because i cant be bothered thinking of a question

Only person to captain 2 losing finalists (82 and 86)

If i'm right first one in can ask a question for me, my brain is too fried to think of any :)
Doing a Marc, as it's known.... :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ok, I'm bored so I think I'll have a bash at resurrecting this!

This has been achieved 4 times, most recently at the 2002 World Cup. What is it?

Ask away.

Please! :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No one? Ya blummin' miserable sods....

Ok, first clue:

It's a team rather than an individual player's achievement.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Samuel_Vimes said:
Winning the World Cup without conceding a goal in the final? (West Germany 90, Brazil 94, France 98, Brazil 02)
No, although that would work perfectly well too.

& Brazil in 2002 actually did achieve the feat I have in mind. :)