Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The England Thread

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar

The England Thread

Right people - tabloid stings, broken feet, oversized strikers, too many centre-backs, and Owen Hargreaves. Discuss.

That's all that need's to be said about Sven being caught!

Would have been funny if they could have got him to call Becks as well

Otherwise, great team. I have a feeling they'll choke though, they always do. However with the quality of players they have it "shouldn't" happen!
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    On paper, they seem to have the best collection of players since, oooooh, when I were a lad and obviously everything was better then than it is now - just look how long you have to wait for a bus now and what about the price of things in the shops. For instance, only the other day I wanted a quarter of those shrimp sweet things and those candy bananas we had when I was a boy. I gave the girl behind the counter a shilling and she looked at me down her nose the kids nowadays they have absolutely no respect for the elderly. I think they ought to pick that Jimmy Greaves again - it was unfortunate how he got injured in the last World Cup but that West Ham player Hurst, he did well. Got three in the final against the Bosche - ha! That'll teach them for scaring my sister Emily when that Hindenburg flew over. Mister Ramsey, I'm sure, will have everyone ready but I think Brazil will take some stopping. Someone said the other day that they thought that.... I'm sorry, what was the question again?
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloete

That's all that need's to be said about Sven being caught!

Would have been funny if they could have got him to call Becks as well

Otherwise, great team. I have a feeling they'll choke though, they always do. However with the quality of players they have it "shouldn't" happen!
    I just can't help myself but point out the sheer hilarity of the fact that you've put an apostrophe in "needs".

Faith in UK education rising.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

I still can't believe how many average muppet football zealots (I think we need a universal abbreviation to use on cricketweb for this subrace, all suggestions welcomed) are going on about how News of the World's sting is such a destablizing influence on England's preparations for the World Cup... what preparations?
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    I still can't believe how many average muppet football zealots (I think we need a universal abbreviation to use on cricketweb for this subrace, all suggestions welcomed) are going on about how News of the World's sting is such a destablizing influence on England's preparations for the World Cup... what preparations?
    When I switched on Sky News earlier they went live to some school where Sven and his tart were doing something or other for Football for Unity - I had to chuckle at all the hacks who had made their way over there hoping for sound byte over Sunday's 'revelations' - and of course they were all totally ignored.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    On paper, they seem to have the best collection of players since, oooooh, when I were a lad and obviously everything was better then than it is now - just look how long you have to wait for a bus now and what about the price of things in the shops. For instance, only the other day I wanted a quarter of those shrimp sweet things and those candy bananas we had when I was a boy. I gave the girl behind the counter a shilling and she looked at me down her nose the kids nowadays they have absolutely no respect for the elderly. I think they ought to pick that Jimmy Greaves again - it was unfortunate how he got injured in the last World Cup but that West Ham player Hurst, he did well. Got three in the final against the Bosche - ha! That'll teach them for scaring my sister Emily when that Hindenburg flew over. Mister Ramsey, I'm sure, will have everyone ready but I think Brazil will take some stopping. Someone said the other day that they thought that.... I'm sorry, what was the question again?

hahaha, nice eddie

Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    hahaha, nice eddie
    And I never mentioned sheep or bread once.

Dammit. Now I've got to go and make myself a lamb sandwich.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    Erm, the last 2-3 years?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Brilliant

LE at your best.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Erm, the last 2-3 years?
    I was referring to the preparations 'now' whilst all the players are busy playing club football...

Obviously the effect of the vegetable's latest horlicks doesn't destabilize the training session etc. they were at 2 years ago, so not really relevant.

International Coach
    I can't see how Sven can stay now to be honest. Whether the fake sheikh was entirely within the spirit of things or not, if you go around slagging off your own players, you've got to go.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Halsey
    I can't see how Sven can stay now to be honest. Whether the fake sheikh was entirely within the spirit of things or not, if you go around slagging off your own players, you've got to go.
    He'll go immediately after the World Cup - and for the last year, that's always going to have been the case.

To try to appoint a new manager now would be absolutely bonkers.

International Coach
    He'll go immediately after the World Cup - and for the last year, that's always going to have been the case.

To try to appoint a new manager now would be absolutely bonkers.
    Agreed that to appoint a new manager now would be bonkers, but I had previously had a feeling that he might stay (I hoped he wouldn't).

However, due to his latest screw up, I now don't see it at all.

Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information