Cricket Player Manager
Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: The England Thread

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    To be fair to SWP it's his fault for going to Chelsea. With people like Robben and Cole I'd hardly expect him to stand out. If Cole isn't fit in time this is the England squad for me:

Robinson
    James
    Kirkland

Neville
    Young
    Carragher
    Terry
    Ferdinand
    Konchesky
    King
    Bridge

Beckham
    Gerrard
    Lampard
    Cole
    Carrick
    Downing
    Richardson
    Neville
    Jenas

Rooney
    Owen
    Crouch
    Defoe

Not so sure about Richardson and Neville but can't come up with anyone else.
    Last edited by roseboy64; 01-03-2006 at 10:23 PM.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Wright-Phillips pulls down a handy paycheque at Chelsea and even though he doesn't play much, he gets picked for the national side. I don't think he's in much of a complaining mood just yet. He won't be at Chelsea long if he doesn't get good game time soon anyway, because he's too big a talent to be ignored.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    personally i think his spell at chelsea and his lack lustre displays have shown that if anything he actually isnt as talented as everyone first thought.

Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64
    To be fair to SWP it's his fault for going to Chelsea. With people like Robben and Cole I'd hardly expect him to stand out. If Cole isn't fit in time this is the England squad for me:

Robinson
    James
    Kirkland

Neville
    Young
    Carragher
    Terry
    Ferdinand
    Konchesky
    King
    Bridge

Beckham
    Gerrard
    Lampard
    Cole
    Carrick
    Downing
    Richardson
    Neville
    Jenas

Rooney
    Owen
    Crouch
    Defoe

Not so sure about Richardson and Neville but can't come up with anyone else.
    fair enough but missing Campbell. Also in midfield i would still have SWP over richardson & even though unlikely Parker over Jenas.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    personally i think his spell at chelsea and his lack lustre displays have shown that if anything he actually isnt as talented as everyone first thought.
    Some people had realised that when he was at Citeh.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    He hasn't exactly received any proper game time. He showed for England that he is as talented as everyone first thought.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    fair enough but missing Campbell. Also in midfield i would still have SWP over richardson & even though unlikely Parker over Jenas.
    I was assuming Campbell would be unfit. Not sure who I'd take out though. Maybe King. Jenas has done well for Tottenham this season so he deserves a spot IMO. SWP for Richardson may be worth considering but even with Richardson's status for Man Utd he's still getting more game time than SWP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    He hasn't exactly received any proper game time. He showed for England that he is as talented as everyone first thought.
    but yet hes recieved miles more game time for chelsea than england.....and his performances for england havent exactly been anything special, certainly not in comparison to joe cole or gerrard, i will say if there is room then put him in the squad as he could cause troubles, but there are so many better players that should be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Breakout Champion!
    but yet hes recieved miles more game time for chelsea than england
    7 starts and 19 substitute appearances is hardly regular football, though.

but yet hes recieved miles more game time for chelsea than england.....and his performances for england havent exactly been anything special, certainly not in comparison to joe cole or gerrard, i will say if there is room then put him in the squad as he could cause troubles, but there are so many better players that should be ahead of him in the pecking order.
    Yes i would certainly have him on the bench as he could have a real impact late on in games, i would probably stick with Beckham for now on the right side although he needs to play much better than he has done. Gerrard is an option on the right but then we would have no really natural wide players in midfeald which could be problem.

Quote Originally Posted by steds
    7 starts and 19 substitute appearances is hardly regular football, though.
    that just makes the idea of him being labled a good player on one display for england even more silly.

Breakout Champion!
    He was labelled a good player by many before last night, actually.

I wasn't there, as it were during the Old Trafford test, but on the opening day at the JJB my dad said he were very impressed by Wright-Phillips.

Speaking of JJB, it won't happen because Wigan don't have good players - just money (), but I still believe Leighton Baines should be England's left back at the World Cup.

although baines is decent young lad and has impressed, hes no ashely cole.

And again where SWP may impress against wigan, the level of opposition he will face playing for england (no disprespect to wigan) will inevitably be much higher, to use a piscine argument its fine for him to play well there, but hes done nothing to suggest he can perform at the really top level.

International Vice-Captain Anna's Avatar
    Robinson should come with a hazard sign emblazoned across his chest what with the way he's dealt with Owen & Bridge

COME ON YOU BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"One day lad, all this will be yours"
    "What, the curtains?"

in robinsons defence bridge really didnt defend it well at all, should have just wacked it out of the ground, no idea why robinson thought he should rush out for it, even if he had got the ball he still would have clattered bridge.

Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread Information