• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The England Thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
So of course, you again know more about this subject then do you?
How does that matter Mr. Know it all? A proper arguement instead of rubbishing a comment wouldn't have resulted in my reply. Doesn't matter whether the comment is from Piscine or whoever.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It was a standard Piscine rant which I've countered on several occasios and am getting fed up of typing the same thing.

Quite what it had to do with you, I'm not sure.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sven to quit after World Cup

From the beeb's website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4641682.stm

Football's worst kept secret is official. Hopefully it'll put an end to all the "will he or won't he" speculation. What is worrying tho is who's the favourite to replace him: Fat Sam. Why the obsession with an English manager? I'd have thought the fact that none of the top five English clubs feel the need for one was a big enough clue to the FA that there's no-one about just now who's up to the job.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
roseboy64 said:
Hiddink's not a bad choice. If he can get Australia to the second round of the Wc he'll be able to get England to at least the semis.
Jumping the gun a little there. He's got very little chance of getting Australia through to the second round. He's done well enough to get them to the finals.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
It was a standard Piscine rant which I've countered on several occasios and am getting fed up of typing the same thing.

Quite what it had to do with you, I'm not sure.
"Countered"

That would be calling me a racist then saying completely irrelevant like 'was it his fault Rooney got injured?' and deliberately avoiding the fact that England were 1-0 up against a team that couldn't at that time string 3 passes together and had a dodgy defense at the best of times. Any manager with a clue what they were doing would have sorted England out at half time at the latest and closed the game out comfortably - but because the vegetable is so inept the game ended up being a contest, regardless of the result at that point the vegetable had failed in his job.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BoyBrumby said:
Why the obsession with an English manager?
To keep the Mail readers etc quiet?

Ignore the fact that there's absolutely no English option who would be remotely good enough.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
marc71178 said:

Ignore the fact that there's absolutely no English option who would be remotely good enough.
I still maintain that Pearce is good enough to be an assistant - certainly better than McClaren if this season's performances are anything to go by - and this would allow him to be groomed as the next manager after whoever comes next.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
For me there's absolutely no English manager who deserves the job whatsoever.

If Hiddink wants it we should bite his arm off to get him.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:

Which is nonsense because we don't know until they're given the job. Just like there are many who looked at Sven's success when he's had millions upon millions to spend then he manages England and he's useless at best or more realistically a useless disgrace.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Out of character there for you to ignore the facts in order to have good old rant about the non-Englishman...

Precisely which Englsh managers have won anything in recent times? A big resounding nil.

As for the useless disgrace comment, it just continues the race-driven misinformed drivel.

simmy

International Regular
On today's performance.. and well every time he plays...

Wright-Phillips should be starting, as he is clearly good enough. It may take an injury for it to happen though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He shouldn't be near the squad.

He's not a regular at Chelsea, whereas Joe Cole is, so how can he be ahead of Cole for England?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
simmy said:
On today's performance.. and well every time he plays...

Wright-Phillips should be starting, as he is clearly good enough. It may take an injury for it to happen though.
Nope.

I might just squeeze him in the squad (I think he terrifies defenders, and he certainly deserves to be ahead of Hargreaves in the picking-list), but there's no way he will start a game in preference to Cole or Beckham - throw in Lampard and Gerrard and that is one hell of a midfield (for England, anyway). Rooney just off Owen's shoulder....

The biggest fights are going to be regarding who's going to take free kicks.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
No fighting there - they're Beckham's.
I must confess his are the standard against which the others are measured - although Lampard produced an absolute corker again last night.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
He shouldn't be near the squad.

He's not a regular at Chelsea, whereas Joe Cole is, so how can he be ahead of Cole for England?
well if you dont think SWP should be in the squad who esle would you take a an extra Right side mid-field player behind Beckham?