Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The England Thread

International Debutant Pedro Delgado's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    yea it doesn't look bad, but just to be safe if Rooney doesn't make it, what about keeping Cole on the left since i have my doubt about Gerrard there, push Lampard up front since as you rightfully said he brings more of a goal-scoring treat and put Gerrard in between Beckham & Cole in the mid-field & Carrick to do the holding role.

But the fact is i hope Rooney makes it, i think looking at the schedule we should be able to do without him up to the last group game vs Sweden so he can get some time to recover. So that when we get to the 2nd round (yes i'm 100% sure we will qualify), he will be back to his best hopefully.
    Actually I think we could safely qualify from the group without him altogether, we really should only need a point by the time Sweden arrive. To be honest I'd still prefer the movement and trickery of Cole in the hole, even though Gerrard is stuck on the left, but hey, knowing Sven he'll go with Crouch ffs.
    Member of the Rosalie Birch Appreciation Society (RBAS)
    Member of CVAAS - go Joe

You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    I'm the church and I've come
    To claim you with my iron drum
    la la la la la la la la la la

The wolves are running..

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen

Possible ankle ligament damage for Terry....

Oh bloody hell. What's German for "the ****ing wheels are falling off?"

From today's Mirror:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...name_page.html

Sounds pretty bad if they've had to delay the scan because of the swelling. Carragher to start then....?
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

jesus christ man, what the hell is going on here, we justcan't lose Terry he is the defensive rock. I hope his injury isn't that bad, England can't affford this, geez..

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Delgado
    knowing Sven he'll go with Crouch ffs.
    lets hope he makes some good decisions in his last days as Englands manager, if i see Crouch playing i don't know what i'll do..

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    Considering i'm doing a German degree i really should know the answer to this....

Part of the problem is not having a clue where to begin in conjugating German profanities
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Those dang blue boots. First time he wore them and he gets injured.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

International Debutant Pedro Delgado's Avatar

From today's Mirror:

Sounds pretty bad if they've had to delay the scan because of the swelling. Carragher to start then....?
    Not believing the Mirror surely Brumbers. He'll be fine.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    With the deadline for withdrawing an injured player, Rooney will definitely be in the squad.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Ignoring the archetypal football fan Crouch hater brigade on here (sorry but most football fans are stupid - they'd sooner have a slow 2 foot 3 weakling with good skills playing than someone that'll give any defense a problem but is gormless with it - then they'll boo him whenever he gets the ball), I don't really see the point in England playing 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 systems - England players aren't smart enough to adapt to new systems in a short space of time and it'll just result in some shambolic mess for the first game which will then mean a hasty, messy retreat back to 4-4-2.

Code:
                    Robinson

Neville    Terry       Rio     A Cole

J Cole    Lampard    Gerrard   Downing

Owen       Crouch
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    And of course with the likes of the Chelsea players in the side, they've never had to adapt at all have they?

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    With the deadline for withdrawing an injured player, Rooney will definitely be in the squad.
    The day before the first match of the tournament, I think
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Lennon should definetly go ahead of Shaun Wright Phillips

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar

From today's Mirror:

Holy frigging poo. What is it with English sportsmen since August 05? They just can't stay in one piece.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    Code:
                    Robinson

Neville    Terry       Rio     A Cole

J Cole    Lampard    Gerrard   Downing

Owen       Crouch
    Yeah well...James for Robinson, P Neville for A Cole, Des Walker still has a kick about every now and again so him in for Terry.....

Seriously though - Beckham should play ahead of Downing due to the fact that Downing's been injured quite a lot of the season. And i'd rather see Sheringham partner Owen than Crouch, who has no ball control, doesn't ever seem to get into the game whenever i've seen him, his heading isn't even that good - he's just really really tall.

Downing has done very well in his last few games for Boro, creating lots of chances through crosses. I don't see him having been injured over two months before England's first WC game being a problem. Beckham has repeatedly been the weakest link by a distance whenever he's played for England for the last few years, he always looks like getting himself sent off because he goes nuts whenever he gives the ball away and every team in the world has him sussed - stand in front on his right hand side and watch him go round in circles like a duck in water with one leg before passing the ball backwards 20 yards. Downing would still be the weakest link in midfield to an extent, but he'll improve the balance, not waste most of the free kicks, corners and not get himself sent off.

As for the forwards you primarily need someone who can win the ball in the air and just basically be an annoyance and distraction when they're partnered with Owen. I don't think Sheringham will be able to do this as well as Crouch, if Owen wasn't playing then it would all be different.

Having said this I hope Owen learns to anticipate Crouch's flick-ons a lot better, because Crouch almost always gets his head to an aerial ball and flicks it on - last few England games I've seen Owen stands still like a pillock expecting a pin point cushion header.

Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information