• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Squad

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So whose going to be in the squad, most of the sqad picks itself, the guys definately going imo are...

Mark Schwarzer
Zelko Kalac
Harry Kewell
Mark Viduka
Jason Culina
Scott Chipperfield
Lucas Neill
Brett Emerton
Marco Bresciano
Tony Vidmar
Tony Popovic
John Aloisi
Josip Skoko
Vince Grella
Archie Thompson
Tim Cahill
Craig Moore (if fit)

theres probably a few others ive missed out but these guys will definately all get spots...

ash chaulk

International Captain
Brad Jones as another backup keeper took over from schwazer when he was havin a sad with the coach...

in the WA papers Simon Colosimo really is pressing for a spot

any other A League players do you rekin should go?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i doubt too many A League players will get a spot, maybe only David Carney...

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not too sure about Jones, he spends too much time on the boro bench and when they put him on against Arsenal, it was rabbit in the headlights stuff. His decision making looks really bad. Untill he can get some confidence I'd rather someone like Filan or even Bolton as 3rd keeper.

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
i aint sure but i think the lineup will be similar to the game against Uruguay
keeping harry kewell on the bench may change...because he did have an instant impact last game...but he is still a tool....and if he can stay uninjured

here's the list of players that Hiddink had selected for the matches against uruguay
John Aloisi, Marco Bresciano, Tim Cahill, Scott Chipperfield, Ante Covic, Jason Culina, Ahmad Elrich, Brett Emerton, Vince Grella, Joel Griffiths, Zeljko Kalac, Harry Kewell, Stan Lazaridis, Ljubo Milicevic, Lucas Neill, Tony Popovic, Mark Schwarzer, Josip Skoko, Archie Thompson, Michael Thwaite, Tony Vidmar, Mark Viduka, Luke Wilkshire.

tactics is a different thing...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Incidentally, The Foxtrot, why Dirty Leeds?

Is it from the days when Viduka and Kewell were playing for them, or is there a secret former residential or ancestral home there for the The Foxtrot family?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ante Covic you would think would be the 3rd keeper unless he really stuffs up in the Asian Cup QF or a Friendly. ATM Brad Jones is about 6th in line, there are quite a few infront of him. But if he gets regular football at Boro that could change.

My Sqaud ATM:

GK: Mark Schwarzer, Zelko Kalac, Ante Covic
DF: Craig Moore, Lucus Neill, Ljubo Milicevic, Tony Vidmar, Tony Popovic, Michael Thwaite, Brett Emerton, Scott Chipperfield
MF: Harry Kewell, Tim Cahill, Marco Bresciano, Vince Grella, Jason Culina, Ahmad Elrich, Luke Wilkshire, Josip Skoko
FW: John Aloisi, Mark Viduka, Archie Thompson, Joel Griffiths

Biggest name missing is probably Stan Lazaridis

Cloete

International Captain
chaminda_00 said:
Ante Covic you would think would be the 3rd keeper unless he really stuffs up in the Asian Cup QF or a Friendly. ATM Brad Jones is about 6th in line, there are quite a few infront of him. But if he gets regular football at Boro that could change.

My Sqaud ATM:

GK: Mark Schwarzer, Zelko Kalac, Ante Covic
DF: Craig Moore, Lucus Neill, Ljubo Milicevic, Tony Vidmar, Tony Popovic, Michael Thwaite, Brett Emerton, Scott Chipperfield
MF: Harry Kewell, Tim Cahill, Marco Bresciano, Vince Grella, Jason Culina, Ahmad Elrich, Luke Wilkshire, Josip Skoko
FW: John Aloisi, Mark Viduka, Archie Thompson, Joel Griffiths

Biggest name missing is probably Stan Lazaridis
Griffiths is a midfielder Tharmi, actually Leeds confirmed that they've signed him yesterday I think :D

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Cloete said:
Griffiths is a midfielder Tharmi, actually Leeds confirmed that they've signed him yesterday I think :D
Have we got another Max Veri for you Andy. I think your think about Ryan his brother, his a midfielder and Joel a striker.

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
well actually it is from the good old days from when Leeds were doing alright in the Premier League.... way way way back then...
i just havent jumped ship yet.....

Cloete

International Captain
chaminda_00 said:
Have we got another Max Veri for you Andy. I think your think about Ryan his brother, his a midfielder and Joel a striker.
TWG said:
Leeds swoop to land Griffiths
Championship side Leeds United has confirmed the signing of Australian international midfielder Joel Griffiths on a one-and-a-half-year deal.
:cool:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
The Foxtrot said:
well actually it is from the good old days from when Leeds were doing alright in the Premier League.... way way way back then...
i just havent jumped ship yet.....
I remember them when Revie was manager - he and Cloughie absolutely detested each other. Derby and Leeds had some awesome battles in the 1970's.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Did anyone from this morning game look like they could find themselves in the sqaud after their performances. I reckon Covic and Elrich pretty much booked their spots for Holland, unless they something stupid from know to then.

BTW for those that don't know we won 3-1 against Bahrain in our first senior game in Asia.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Covic is still a question mark.... The Defence was pretty bad from the Aussies and he did look shaky at times... Overall it was a very good performance from a side which had not played together before and a few of the guys have definatley shown that they can fill the gaps when the top side is not there..

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone hear about this kid wanting to play for Australia. Apparently he was rasied in Australia or something. Is he any good and could he force his way into our midfield.