Cricket Player Manager
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Squad

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    haha shot down...

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Actually, all Moyes is saying is that the Aussie media are misguided in saying that he's back in training.
    You missed the bit where he labelled the Australian medical team as "witch doctors"?

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    No, because a hack is a term for a journalist.

"One of the lowest forms of life" is not.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Birtannia
    You missed the bit where he labelled the Australian medical team as "witch doctors"?
    Well fair enough, since they haven't examined him, how can they diagnose him?

Vidmar out

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23215,00.html

pretty big loss, but could be a blessing in disguise, i had a fear that he was gonna get shown up by quick strikers, perhaps someone with younger legs and may be able to compete on the ground will get his spot...

also the Aussie squad is named live on SBS at 11am tomorrow...

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Well fair enough, since they haven't examined him, how can they diagnose him?
    Our doc is over there and he has examined him...
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    Vidmar out

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23215,00.html

pretty big loss, but could be a blessing in disguise, i had a fear that he was gonna get shown up by quick strikers, perhaps someone with younger legs and may be able to compete on the ground will get his spot...

also the Aussie squad is named live on SBS at 11am tomorrow...
    if we play three central defenders and two wingbacks, then our back three is Niell, Moore and Popovic, so really we will still have one slow defender that will get shown up by a quaity striker. Maybe the selectors will give Milicevic a run but its unlikely.

Also read in the paper today that Brad Jones is thinking about jumping ship if he misses out on 23 man squad. He saves a penelty and he thinks he should walk into the Aussie squad. Good luck trying to get into the England and France sqaud, his got no chance. But if he stayed until after the Asia Cup, he would be Australia's No 1.

It will be interesting if we play the 5-3-2 to 3-5-2 or the 4-5-1 to 4-3-3. Depends on Cahill's fitness I guess. Vidmar out is a blow, he is one of the few defenders to have experience. It's a shame Hiddink didn't take over earlier so he had a chance to look at Milicevic & co.

wow some shocks in the Aussie squad.

Josh Kennedy, Mark Milligan, Micheal Beauchamp and Milo Sterjoski

And no Elrich and Milicevic

Full squad will come later

Australia's 2006 World Cup Squad is:

Goalkeepers: Ante Covic (Hammarby, Sweden), Zeljko Kalac (AC Milan, Italy), Mark Schwarzer (Middlesbrough, England)

Defenders: Michael Beauchamp (Central Coast Mariners), Stan Lazaridis (uncontracted), Mark Milligan (Sydney FC), Craig Moore (Newcastle United, England), Lucas Neill (Blackburn Rovers, England), Tony Popovic (Crystal Palace, England)

Midfielders: Marco Bresciano (Parma, Italy), Tim Cahill (Everton, England), Scott Chipperfield (FC Basel, Switzerland), Jason Culina (PSV Eindhoven, Netherlands), Brett Emerton (Blackburn Rovers, England), Vince Grella (Parma, Italy), Harry Kewell (Liverpool, England), Josip Skoko (Stoke City, England), Mile Sterjovski (FC Basel, Switzerland), Luke Wilkshire (Bristol, England)

Forwards: John Aloisi (Alaves, Spain), Josh Kennedy (Dynamo Dresden, Germany), Archie Thompson (Melbourne Victory), Mark Viduka (Middlesbrough, England).

Milligan was the big shock, not a terribly bad decision but its definately gonna be interesting to see if he gets any game time...

I like the squad... Think it has a very good balance of Youth and experience...

Moore at the back is good, Beauchamp and Milligan are the future and i think giving them a shot to play with Moore will help them learn alot..

Sterjovski is a surprise, i thought Elrich's impact value would have got him a spot, despite his recent lack of game time..

Now the questions, Will Cahill be fully fit? What will Brad Jones do now?

Milligan is the only really big shock there are a few unlucky blokes going around.

Sterjovski was killing it for Basle.

I take it Milligan hasn't played since the A-League finished up, Beauchamp was on loan in Germany somewhere I think?

We will definitely be playing 3-5-2 if Cahill isn't fit. If Moore goes down injured between now and the WC we are in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Blewy
    I like the squad... Think it has a very good balance of Youth and experience...

Moore at the back is good, Beauchamp and Milligan are the future and i think giving them a shot to play with Moore will help them learn alot..

Sterjovski is a surprise, i thought Elrich's impact value would have got him a spot, despite his recent lack of game time..

Now the questions, Will Cahill be fully fit? What will Brad Jones do now?
    Sterjovski's been in blistering form for Basel both in the UEFA Cup (which I've seen action of him in) and the Swiss league (by all accounts), as opposed to a guy struggling to make an appearance at a struggling EPL team. I'd have gone with Mile over Ahmad too...

Like the squad, very well balanced and full strength bar Vidmar!
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Fair enough, i havent seen alot of Mile, i was just going off Elrichs past performances for Australia, he has always been dangerous off the bench..

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information