Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Squad

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Australia > Ireland
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Quote Originally Posted by Cloete
    Tickets went on sale Tuesday to the general public.

"Over 50,000 tickets had been previously snapped up by the Football Family, MCC members, contractual obligations and other advance offers."

"The remaining available tickets went within two hours of going on sale at 9am to fans desperate to see Australia in action at home before they depart for the World Cup."
    Why would a load of posh members of Lord's wanna go and see Australia vs Greece at Football
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    Unless a serial-killer with a grudge against English-qualified midfielders emerges he'll get nowhere near a full cap.

Might be Irish-qualified too with his surname, so he may yet think twice before commiting himself to Oz.
    I have a feeling he'd want to play for a country that qualifies for World Cups!
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    I have a feeling he'd want to play for a country that qualifies for World Cups!
    3-2 to Eire there then!
    - As featured in The Independent.

"Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Jamee999
    Why would a load of posh members of Lord's wanna go and see Australia vs Greece at Football
    Melbourne Cricket Club. But I'm sure you knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    Unless a serial-killer with a grudge against English-qualified midfielders emerges he'll get nowhere near a full cap.

Might be Irish-qualified too with his surname, so he may yet think twice before commiting himself to Oz.
    Well my surname has an Irish background.

Can I have my Irish passport?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamee999
    Well you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Craig

Mine doesn't, yet I qualify for one. Weird world, eh?!

TBF I did say might qualify. Although, that said, I'd say for someone born in London with an Irish surname there's a better than 50/50 shout they have at least an Irish grandfather.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig

Craigos is Irish?

"the England under-21 international took a year long loan move to Oldham in 2004"

I think he'll wait until he's about 26 if he's still playing Premier League to see if he gets picked in the England team then use Australia as a last resort

We'll see though...

"Creative London-born, Australian-raised midfielder signed from Arsenal on a two-and-a-half year contract in January 2004. Made his Barclays Premiership debut for Blues in September 2005, only to be sent off for handling the ball on the goalline. The playmaker was a former captain of Queensland Boys, but returned to England in 1997 and signed for the Gunners five years later."http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.ra...layerId=269810
    Heard on the radio today that Killkenny has stated to Graham Arnold that he wants to play for Australia....

He has played a bit of 1st team football for Birmingham this season, so will be interesting...

I other news Mark Bosnich is reportedly taking a contract up with Conference Team Gray's Athletic... He has reportedly stated he wants to get back to the Premiership...

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Well Guus is going to Russia after the World Cup, so who do you guys think should coach as after the WC, another overseas coach or local. Any of you guys know the coaching background of our current co-assistant coach Johan Neeskens?

Breakout Champion!
    "the England under-21 international took a year long loan move to Oldham in 2004"

I think he'll wait until he's about 26 if he's still playing Premier League to see if he gets picked in the England team then use Australia as a last resort

We'll see though...

"Creative London-born, Australian-raised midfielder signed from Arsenal on a two-and-a-half year contract in January 2004. Made his Barclays Premiership debut for Blues in September 2005, only to be sent off for handling the ball on the goalline. The playmaker was a former captain of Queensland Boys, but returned to England in 1997 and signed for the Gunners five years later."http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.ra...layerId=269810
    Just noticed that bit. I'm pretty sure you can't represent another country after playing under-21 or senior games for one.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    wow, just saw this, Kilkenny is a real gem, just looks so special on the ball.

IIRC he only played for England U20 btw

Quote Originally Posted by steds
    Just noticed that bit. I'm pretty sure you can't represent another country after playing under-21 or senior games for one.
    Think they changed the rule a while back. Should be called "Cahill's law" 'cos he was the driving force in getting it changed. He played for Western Samoa Under-14s which debarred him from playing for the crims until the change.

It's a bit of a mess tho, with no consistency. Kanoute was allowed to play for Mali despite having played for France U-21s & Ben Thatcher (boo! hiss!) played for our U-21s (IIRC he was captain too) before playing full internationals for the Taffs courtesy of a Welsh grandfather, but JLloyd Samuel can't get permission for a switch to Trinidad now. I think FIFA's ruling was he's too old now (at 24) to switch. Which seems a bit tight.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Reference Samuel, there was a time when those over a certain age could switch.

Jlloyd only found this link after that age, so rules is rules...
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information